Dec. 14, 2012
Texas match notes vs. Oregon
No. 3 seed Texas (28-4) vs.
No. 5 seed Oregon (30-4)
2012 NCAA National Championship
Where: KFC Yum! Center (Louisville, Ky.)
Time: 7 p.m. (Eastern)
Live Stats: Gametracker on TexasSports.com
(PbP - Beth Mowins, Analyst - Karch Kiraly, Sideline - Maria Taylor)
Internet Audio: Free audio on TexasSports.com
All-Time Series: Texas leads, 2-1 (H: 1-0; N: 1-1)
· Texas is 2-1 all-time against Oregon, but both teams have not played each other since 1984. The first meeting came in 1981 when Texas swept Oregon (15-4, 15-5, 15-3) on Sept. 23 in Berkeley, Calif. as the Longhorns would go on to win the 1981 AIAW Championship.
· This is the fourth NCAA national title match that Texas has played. The Longhorns won the 1988 NCAA championship and lost in 1995 and 2009.
· Texas hit .316 for the match on Thursday against Michigan, the third-best five-set percentage in NCAA Finals history.
· The five-set win on Thursday against Michigan was the third time in NCAA post-season history that Texas rallied from a 2-1 deficit to win a match (2010 NCAA Regional final against Illinois and 1995 national semifinal against Stanford).
· Texas is making its eighth trip to the NCAA Final Four (1986, 1987, 1988, 1995, 2008, 2009 and 2010) in 29 NCAA Tournament appearances.
· Texas is playing in its fourth NCAA Final Four in the past five years.
· Texas became only the sixth women's volleyball program in NCAA history to record 70 or more NCAA Tournament wins with the Longhorns' 70th win coming on Thursday against Michigan. Texas has a 70-27 mark (.722) in NCAA Tournament play. Beginning in 1982, Texas advanced to 18 straight tournaments (1982-2000).
· This is the second time this season that the Longhorns are playing in the KFC Yum! Center. The Longhorns defeated host Louisville on Oct. 8 in five sets (21-25, 25-18, 21-25, 26-24, 15-10).
· Bailey Webster is hitting .451 in the 2012 postseason on 82 kills (4.56 kps) with nine blocks. Haley Eckerman is hitting .296 on 61 kills (3.39 kps) with 25 digs (1.39 dps) while Khat Bell is hitting .419 on 45 kills (2.62 kps) with 19 blocks (1.06 bps). Hannah Allison is averaging 12.17 assists per set. Texas is hitting .379 with a 1.33 service ace per set average and 2.61 blocks per set average.
· As of Dec. 14, Texas is ranked first in the nation for hitting percentage (.322) and eighth for blocks (2.99 bps). Haley Eckerman is ranked 18th in the nation for points (5.01 pps), 21st in kills (4.39 kps) and 51st in service aces (0.37 saps). Khat Bell is ranked 24th nationally in blocks (1.36 bps).
· Texas clinched the outright Big 12 championship on Nov. 14 against Texas Tech. Texas Volleyball has won 19 conference titles (six under the Big 12 banner). This is head coach Jerritt Elliott's fifth conference title with all five coming in the last six years.
· Bailey Webster's .650 hitting percentage on Nov. 14 (14-1-20) was the highest in a match this season by a Texas starter. She hit .647 in her previous best on Oct. 3 against TCU.