MATCH #26: No. 11 TEXAS (21-4, 15-3 Big 12) at Oklahoma (7-20, 2-16 Big 12)
When: Wednesday, Nov. 23, 2005 at 7 p.m.
Where: Norman Okla. (McCasland Field House)
Live Video: None
Live Audio: None
Live Stats: OU's at SoonerSports.com
All-Time Series Record: Texas is undefeated at 28-0 (15-0 home, 10-0 away and 3-0 neutral)
Series Streak: UT has won all 28 matches, dating back to 1975
Last Meeting: Texas won, 3-0 (30-16, 30-22, 30-14) in Austin on Oct. 1, 2005
Last Oklahoma victory: none
Head Coach Jerritt Elliott vs. Oklahoma: 9-0 (all at Texas)
· Texas is winding down the 2005 regular season ... only two matches remain: a road contest at Oklahoma on Wednesday and the regular-season finale at home on Saturday against No. 1 and undefeated Nebraska.
· The field of 64 teams in the 2005 NCAA Division I Volleyball Tournament will be announced on Sunday, Nov. 27 at 1:30 p.m. Central on ESPNNews.
· Wednesday's match marks the third year in a row - and the fourth time in the last five years - UT has been on the road the day before Thanksgiving
· The Longhorns are undefeated against Oklahoma in the series history, winning all 28 matches in the all-time series dating back to 1975 ... UT has won the last 10 meetings in three game and the last time OU took a game from the Horns was in 1999 when the Sooners took Texas to five games before the Longhorns pulled out the 15-13 fifth-game victory.
· After falling to Missouri on Sunday, the Longhorns and Tigers switched places in this week's AVCA poll .... UT entered the match at MU ranked No. 10, but is this week No. 11, while Mizzou went in ranked 11th and came out ranked 10th.
· Although Texas is 9-0 at home this season and 4-0 on neutral courts, UT is 8-4 on the road with losses at Notre Dame, Iowa State, Nebraska and Missouri.
· Since the start of the second half of the Big 12 season, Texas has averaged 3.91 blocks per game (109.5 total) and has risen from seventh in the conference standings (2.65, Big 12 matches only) to second (3.21) ... in all matches, UT has gone from sixth to third in that span ... Brandy Magee has averaged 1.64 blocks per game in the last four matches.
· The Longhorns have won 20 matches for the second time in as many seasons, marking the program's first back-to-back 20-win seasons since 1998 and 1999.
· Texas is 21-1 when winning the first game of the match in 2005, accounting for all of the Horns' victories this season ... UT is also 17-0 when winning the second game.
· Texas has an all-time program record of 883-328-14 (.727) ... the Longhorns have an all-time record of 136-61 (.690) in Big 12 play, spanning 10 seasons of play ... Texas won its first Big 12 title in 1997 and has a total of three second-place finishes (1996, 1998 and 2004).
· Several Horns are close to passing milestones in certain statistical categories ... Leticia Armstrong needs three kills to reach 300 in her career ... Alyson Jennings needs one dig to reach 700 on her career ... Brandy Magee is 16 kills shy of 800 and 10 blocks shy of 300 in her two-plus year career.
· Alyson Jennings recorded a career-high 22 digs in the Horns' 3-0 win over Texas Tech, surpassing her previous best of 21, which she twice set in five-game matches earlier this year ... as a primary passer, Jennings has just one error on the serve receive in the last four matches, a total of 124 attempts.
· In the two matches in which she started at middle blocker in place of the injured Leticia Armstrong, Jennifer Todd averaged 3.16 kills per game, 1.83 blocks per game and 4.17 points per game, while attacking at a .469 clip in the pair of 3-0 Longhorns victories (Nov. 12 vs. Iowa State and Nov. 16 vs. Texas Tech).
· Michelle Moriarty is second in the Big 12 in assists per game with 13.64 ... despite the fact that she raised her average from 13.56 in the Horns' last match, Missouri's Lindsay Hunter also did and regained sole possession of first place (13.75).
· UT is ranked in five team categories in the latest NCAA statistics (Nov. 15), and two different players are also ranked in the individual rankings ... UT is ranked 17th in hitting percentage (.278), 18th in win-loss percentage (.870), 21st in blocks per game (2.99), 23rd in assists per game (15.06) and 30th in kills per game (16.26) ... individually, Michelle Moriarty is ranked ninth in assists per game (13.41) and Leticia Armstrong is ranked 20th in hitting percentage (.391).
· UT had just three service errors on Sunday at Missouri, tying the team's lowest total of the season which they also recorded on Oct. 30 at Kansas.