MATCH #25: No. 10 TEXAS (21-3, 15-2 Big 12) at No. 11 Missouri (19-4, 13-4 Big 12)
When: Sunday, November 20, 2005 at 12:30 p.m.
Where: Columbia, Mo. (Hearnes Center)
All-Time Series Record: Texas leads, 11-8 (7-3 home, 4-5 away)
Series Streak: Texas won the last match but Missouri has taken eight of the last 11 meetings
Last Meeting: Texas won, 3-0 (30-28, 30-27, 30-22) in Austin on Oct. 12, 2005 (Texas was ranked 18th, MU seventh)
Last Missouri victory: Missouri won, 3-1 (30-23, 30-24, 22-30, 31-29) in Columbia on Nov. 14, 2004
Head Coach Jerritt Elliott vs. Missouri: 3-6 (all at Texas)
· In the Horns' last match, Texas Tech hit .028, the lowest mark by a UT opponent in 2005 ... the Red Raiders connected for only 28 kills in the three-game match, the second-lowest total by a Longhorn foe this year.
· In Texas' last meeting with Missouri - a 3-0 win in Austin on Oct. 12 - UT held the Tigers to a .211 hitting percentage, two aces and 3.5 blocks and the loss stands as Missouri's only three-game defeat this season.
· The Longhorns have reached their highest ranking of the 2005 season as the team is listed No. 10 in this week's poll ... it marks the team's highest ranking since Dec. 10, 2004, the final regular-season poll of last season ... UT was ranked No. 11 in the 2005 preseason poll, but fell to a low of No. 23 before starting its climb back up the charts in the last eight weeks ... the Horns have now been ranked in 25-straight editions of the AVCA poll, dating back to Sept. 20, 2004 when they cracked the poll at No. 22 after opening the season 10-0.
· Texas has only three regular-season matches remaining ... UT went 2-1 against its remaining opponents in the first half of the league schedule with the loss coming on the road at No. 1 Nebraska ... the Horns will face the Huskers in the final match of the regular season at Gregory Gym, Saturday, Nov. 26.
· Texas is riding a season-best nine-match winning streak, its third five-plus game winning streak of the season ... overall, UT has won 15 of its last 16 matches, including six victories against ranked teams ... in that span, UT has won eight matches in three games, four in four games and three five-gamers.
· Since the start of the second half of the Big 12 season, Texas has averaged 4.04 blocks per game (101 total) and has risen from seventh in the conference standings (2.65, Big 12 matches only) to second (3.23) ... in all matches, UT has gone from sixth to third in that span ... Brandy Magee has averaged 1.72 blocks per game in the last three matches, all UT wins.
· The Longhorns have won 20 matches for the second time in as many seasons, marking the program's first back-to-back 20-win seasons since 1998 and 1999.
· Texas is 21-1 when winning the first game of the match in 2005, accounting for all of the Horns' victories this season ... UT is also 17-0 when winning the second game.
· Texas has an all-time program record of 883-327-14 (.727) ... the Longhorns have an all-time record of 136-60 (.694) in Big 12 play, spanning 10 seasons of play ... Texas won its first Big 12 title in 1997 and has a total of three second-place finishes (1996, 1998 and 2004).
· Alyson Jennings recorded a career-high 22 digs in the Horns' 3-0 win over Texas Tech on Wednesday, surpassing her previous best of 21, which she twice set in five-game matches earlier this year ... as a primary passer, Jennings has been perfect on the serve recieve in each of the last three matches, a total of 94 attempts.
· In the last two matches starting in place of the injured Leticia Armstrong, Jennifer Todd has averaged 3.16 kills per game, 1.83 blocks per game and 4.17 points per game, while attacking at a .469 clip in the pair of 3-0 Longhorns victories.
· Michelle Moriarty is tied for first place in the Big 12 assists rankings ... she currently averages 13.56 assists per game in league matches, tied with Missouri's All-America senior setter Lindsay Hunter (13.56).
· UT is ranked in five team categories in the latest NCAA statistics (Nov. 15), and two different players are also ranked in the individual rankings ... UT is ranked 17th in hitting percentage (.278), 18th in win-loss percentage (.870), 21st in blocks per game (2.99), 23rd in assists per game (15.06) and 30th in kills per game (16.26) ... individually, Michelle Moriarty is ranked ninth in assists per game (13.41) and Leticia Armstrong is ranked 20th in hitting percentage (.391).