Nov. 16, 2012
Match Notes vs. West Virginia
No. 3 Texas vs. West Virginia
November 17, 2012
Where: Austin, Texas (Gregory Gymnasium)
Time: 1 p.m.
Live Stats: Gametracker on TexasSports.com
Television: Longhorn Network
(PbP - Paul Sunderland, Analyst - Kelli Tennant)
Internet Audio: Subscription audio on TexasSports.com
All-Time Series: Texas leads, 1-0 (H: 0-0; A: 1-0; N: 0-0)
· Texas recorded a 3-0 sweep (25-15, 25-18, 25-16) on Aug. 29 at West Virginia in the first-ever meeting between the two schools in women's volleyball.
· Texas clinched the outright Big 12 championship on Nov. 14 against Texas Tech. Texas Volleyball has won 19 conference titles (six under the Big 12 banner). This is head coach Jerritt Elliott's fifth conference title with all five coming in the last six years.
· This is the first time in Jerritt Elliott's coaching tenure at Texas that the Longhorns opened conference play with a 14-0 record. The previous best was a 12-0 start in 2009.
· During the Longhorns' current 16-match win streak, the team is hitting .328 while holding opponents to a .151 hitting percentage. Haley Eckerman is averaging 4.89 kills per set during the streak while Hannah Allison has a 12.00 assists per set average. Khat Bell has averaged 1.65 blocks per set while Bailey Webster is hitting .353. The Longhorns have averaged 3.05 blocks per set during the streak.
· Bailey Webster's .650 hitting percentage on Wednesday (14-1-20) was the highest in a match this season by a Texas starter. She hit .647 in her previous best on Oct. 3 against TCU.
· Texas is ranked No. 3 nationally according to the latest RPI ratings as released by the NCAA (Nov. 12).
· Dating back to Oct. 2, 2011, Texas has won 39 of its last 43 matches.
· As of Nov. 16, Texas leads all Big 12 teams in hitting percentage (.307) and blocks (3.13 bps).
· As of Nov. 16, Haley Eckerman leads all Big 12 players in kills (4.62 kps), points (5.31 pps) and service aces (0.44 saps). Bailey Webster is third in kills (3.63 kps) and fourth in points (4.16 pps). Khat Bell is first in blocks (1.46 bps). Sarah Palmer is sixth in digs (3.50 dps). Molly McCage is sixth in blocks (1.04 bps). Hannah Allison is seventh in assists (9.64 aps).
· In Big 12 matches only this season, Texas leads the conference in hitting percentage (.339), blocks (3.19 bps) and opponent hitting percentage (.146).
· Haley Eckerman needs 88 kills to break into UT's single-season Top 10 list for kills. Demetria Sance (1997) is 10th with 485 kills (Eckerman currently with 397).
· Khat Bell's 1.46 blocks per set average would place her in a tie for third place on UT's all-time single-season list for blocks per set. The school record is 1.78 bps, set by Erin Aldrich in 1999.
· So far in Big 12 play, the Longhorns have recorded 62 service aces while committing 35 reception errors.