MATCH #24: No. 10 TEXAS (20-3, 14-2 Big 12) vs. TEXAS TECH (11-16, 4-12 Big 12)
When: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 at 6:30 p.m.
Where: Austin, Texas (Gregory Gym)
Television: Aired in the local Austin area on Texas Student TV (KVR TV)
All-Time Series Record: Texas leads 59-9-2 (26-3 home, 26-2 away, 7-4-2 away)
Series Streak: Texas has won the last nine meetings and 25 of the last 27 dating back to 1992
Last Meeting: Texas won, 3-1 (30-21, 30-24, 25-30, 30-21) in Lubbock on Oct. 19, 2005
Last Tech victory: Tech won, 3-0 (15-8, 15-7, 15-5) in Lubbock on Nov. 1, 2000
Head Coach Jerritt Elliott vs. Texas: 9-0 (all at Texas)
· The Longhorns have reached their highest ranking of the 2005 season as the team is listed No. 10 in this week's poll ... that marks the team's highest ranking since Dec. 10, 2004, the final regular-season poll of last season ... UT was ranked No. 11 in the preseason poll, but fell to a low of No. 23 before starting its climb back up the charts in the last eight weeks ... the Horns have now been ranked in 25-straight editions of the AVCA poll, dating back to Sept. 20, 2004 when they cracked the poll at No. 22 after opening the season 10-0.
· Texas has only four regular-season matches remaining ... UT went 3-1 against its remaining opponents in the first half of the league schedule with the loss coming on the road at No. 1 Nebraska ... the Horns will face the Huskers in the final match of the regular season at Gregory Gym, Saturday, Nov. 26.
· Texas is in the middle of a season-best eight-match winning streak, its third five-plus game winning streak of the season ... overall, UT has won 14 of its last 15 matches, including six victories against ranked teams ... in that span, UT has won seven matches in three games, four in four games and three five-gamers.
· The Longhorns have won 20 matches for the second time in as many seasons, marking the program's first back-to-back 20-win seasons since 1998 and 1999.
· Texas is 20-1 when winning the first game of the match in 2005, accounting for all of the Horns' victories this season ... UT is also 16-0 when winning the second game.
· Texas has recorded double-figure blocks in seven of the last eight matches and in that span has moved up from seventh in the conference in blocks (league matches only) (2.65/game) to its current position of third with 3.14 blocks/game.
· Texas has won its last 14 home matches and 24 of its last 25 at Gregory Gym ... UT's last loss at home - and only loss at home in 2004 - was a 3-2 loss to No. 4 Nebraska on Oct. 20, 2004 ... it was the Horns' only loss in Austin since the tail end of the 2003 season (Nov. 19, 2003 vs. Colorado).
· Texas has an all-time program record of 882-327-14 (.727) ... the Longhorns have an all-time record of 135-60 (.692) in Big 12 play, spanning 10 seasons of play ... Texas won its first Big 12 title in 1997 and has a total of three second-place finishes (1996, 1998 and 2004).
· In the last seven matches, Dariam Acevedo has hit .418 (132 kills, 32 errors, 239 attacks), averaged 5.94 points per game, 5.28 kills per game, 2.28 digs per game, 0.60 blocks per game and also chipped in two double-doubles ... in that same time, she has also added eight aces while not making an error in serve receive ... Acevedo has three 20+ kill matches (25, 27, 25), all of which broke her previous career high of 23 entering the season ... she earned her first-ever Big 12 Player of the Week award last week (Nov. 7).
· Michelle Moriarty jumped back into first place in the Big 12 assists rankings this week ... she currently averages 13.65 assists per game in league matches, leapfrogging her over Missouri's All-America senior setter Lindsay Hunter (13.56).
· UT is ranked in three team categories in the latest NCAA statistics (Nov. 8), and three different players are also ranked in the individual rankings ... UT is ranked 19th in win-loss percentage (.857), 17th in hitting percentage (.280) and 26th in assists per game (15.01) ... individually, Michelle Moriarty is ranked 12th in assists per game (13.29), Leticia Armstrong is ranked 16th in hitting percentage (.402) and Brandy Magee is ranked 23rd in hitting percentage (.389).
· Texas has now played its final non-conference match of the season until the team reaches postseason play ... UT went 6-1 in non-Big 12 matches this season with the Horns' only loss coming in five games at Notre Dame, which is now ranked eighth nationally.