MATCH #21: No. 8 TEXAS (18-5, 13-3 Big 12) vs. Missouri (15-9, 9-6 Big 12)
When: Saturday, Nov. 11, 6:30 p.m. Central
Where: Austin, Texas (Gregory Gymnasium)
All-Time Series Record: Texas leads, 10-9 (6-3 home, 0-0 neutral, 4-6 away)
Last Meeting: Sept. 23, 2006 - Texas lost, 0-3 (23-30, 23-30, 19-30)
Current Streak: Missouri has won the last two meetings
· Texas remained at No. 8 in the latest CSTV/AVCA poll, released Monday, Nov. 6 ... UT has been ranked in the Top 10 of the poll in 9-of-10 weeks this season ... The Longhorns began the 2006 campaign ranked 8th in the preseason poll, marking the team's highest preseason ranking since 1998 (9) ... Texas earned its highest ranking in the poll Sept. 11 when it was voted No. 5, staying there for two weeks.
· Freshman outside hitter Ashley Engle was named Big 12 Conference Player of the Week, Nov. 6 after posting a 5.00 kills per game average and 4.29 digs per game mark in the Horns' wins over Kansas and Baylor last week ... The award is the first of Engle's career and marks the third consecutive week a Texas player has been named conference player of the week ... Against Baylor, Engle posted 27 kills on 48 attempts to lead Texas to a 3-1 comeback victory ... In the match she hit at a .396 clip and totaled 17 digs ... In the Horns' win over Kansas, Engle registered eight kills, recorded a team-high 13 digs, posted five total blocks and tallied two service aces ... For the week, she connected for 35 kills on 72 swings, while totaling 30 digs, six total blocks, three service aces and three assists.
· Texas junior setter Michelle Moriarty has been named to the ESPN The Magazine Academic All-District 6 second team by the College Sports Information Directors of America (CoSIDA) ... The award marks the second straight season that Moriarty has been honored by the organization, receiving first-team accolades as a sophomore ... Moriarty, an AVCA Honorable Mention All-American in 2005, carries a 3.73 GPA in Sport Management, while ranking third nationally in assists per game average. The Houston, Texas native has started all 83 matches of her Texas career, including 23 matches this season.
· The Longhorns notched their season-high sixth consecutive win Saturday, dominating Texas A&M, 3-0 (30-22, 30-16, 30-18), for their 10th victory in their last 11 contests. ...Ashley Engle led the Horns with a team-high 13 kills on .310 hitting, while recording five aces and seven digs ... Freshman outside hitter Destinee Hooker joined her in double figures with 12 kills on 19 swings, committing zero errors and hitting at a .632 clip.
· Freshman outside hitter Ashley Engle has recorded a kill/dig double-double in nine of her last 12 matches, dating back to Texas' loss at Oklahoma (Sept. 27) ... On the year Engle has totaled 12 double-doubles ... Senior outside hitter Dariam Acevedo has tallied eight kill/dig double-doubles on the season, while junior setter Michelle Moriarty has 14 assist/dig double-doubles on the year, including eight in her last 12 contests.
· Texas has a tough road down the stretch in the Big 12, as the Horns take on the third-toughest schedule of all league teams ... UT's next four opponents have a combined .574 winning percentage in league play ... Colorado has the toughest calendar of opponents at .667, while Texas A&M is second with its opponents combining for a .617 winning percentage ... Baylor ranks fourth (.571), Iowa State ranks fifth (.551), Kansas State weighs in at sixth (.516), Kansas ranks seventh (.492), Missouri ranks eighth (.462), Oklahoma ranks ninth (.442) and Nebraska ranks 10th (.430), while Texas Tech ranks 11th (.364).
· Several Longhorns blanket the most recent release of the Big 12 Conference's statistical leaders ... Junior setter Michelle Moriarty ranks atop the league in assists with 13.83 assists per game, and 13.92 assists/pg in conference matches ... The Longhorns rank second in the Big 12 with a .261 attack mark, while ranking second with a 16.73 kills per game average ... Sophomore Lauren Paolini ranks ninth in the Big 12 in hitting percentage, with a .321 attack mark against, while Ashley Engle ranks sixth in kills per-game average (4.20) and points per game average (4.90) in conference play.