MATCH #20: No. 14 TEXAS (16-3, 11-2 Big 12) at TEXAS STATE (13-9, 11-3 Southland)
When: Tuesday, November 1, 2005 at 7 p.m.
Where: San Marcos, Texas (Strahan Coliseum)
Live Video: None
Live Audio: None
Live Stats: None
All-Time Series Record: Texas leads the all-time series, 32-9 (10-2 home, 16-4 away, 6-3 neutral)
Series Streak: UT has won the last four meetings
Last Meeting: Texas won, 3-0 (30-12, 30-27, 30-15) in the first round of the NCAA Tournament on Dec. 3, 2004 in Austin
Last Texas State victory: Texas State (then SW Texas) won 3-2 (15-8, 2-15, 14-16, 15-5, 15-8) on Sept. 5, 2000 in San Marcos
Head Coach Jerritt Elliott vs. Texas State: 4-0 (all at Texas)
· The Longhorns will take a break from the grueling Big 12 schedule and use its second-half off-date to take on Texas State ... Texas and Texas State have met 41 times with UT holding a strong 32-9 advantage in the series ... the last time the two teams met was in 2004 when Texas hosted the Bobcats in the first round of the NCAA Tournament at Gregory Gym ... UT won 3-0 to take its fourth-straight match against Texas State.
· Texas has won 10 of its last 11 matches, including five victories against ranked teams ... in that span, UT has won five matches in three games, three in four games and two five-gamers.
· When Texas returns to its Big 12 slate on Saturday - against Baylor at home at 7 p.m. - UT will have just seven regular-season matches left ... UT went 5-2 against its remaining conference opponents with the only losses coming on the road to Iowa State and Nebraska ... the Horns will play the rematches against both squads at home.
· Texas recorded 16 blocks on Saturday at Kansas marking the fourth straight match and the 11th time this season the team had reached double-figures ... the 16 blocks was the team's highest-total in a three-game match this season, following a 13-block effort in Wednesday's three-game match against Texas A&M.
· Texas hit .300 or better in back-to-back matches last week (.313 vs. Texas A&M and .310 at Kansas), marking the first time the team reached that mark in consecutive matches since early September ... Saturday's performance at Kansas marked the ninth time this season UT hit .300 or better in a match.
· Dariam Acevedo has been on a tear in the last three matches, all UT victories ... she has averaged 5.2 kills per game, hit .378, been perfect on the serve receive and has averaged 0.90 blocks per game and 2.2 digs per game.
· Leticia Armstrong has recorded double-figure kills in 11 of the team's 13 Big 12 matches and she is ranked fifth in the Big 12 (conf. matches only) in kills per game and fourth in hitting percentage ... Armstrong's 186 kills in league play is the fourth-highest total in the conference, as well.
· In the last two matches, Jen Christian has had one of the better all-around performances on the team ... she's averaged 3.5 kills per game, hit .289, collected 11 aces (1.83 per game) and added 17 digs (2.8 per game) and six blocks (1.00 per game), all marks far and above her season averages.
· Michelle Moriarty has moved into eighth place on the Texas career assist list and now has 2,289 in her career ... she is currently 54 assists shy of seventh place ... Jenny Andrew is in 11th place on the list with 1,427.
· The Longhorns have now been ranked in 23-straight editions of the AVCA poll, dating back to Sept. 20, 2004 when they cracked the poll at No. 22 after opening the season 10-0.
· Texas has an all-time program record of 878-327-14 (.726) ... the Longhorns have an all-time record of 133-60 (.689) in Big 12 play, spanning 10 seasons of play ... Texas won its first Big 12 title in 1997 and has a total of three second-place finishes (1996, 1998 and 2004).
· Texas has won its last 13 home matches and 23 of its last 24 at Gregory Gym ... UT's last loss at home - and only loss at home in 2004 - was a 3-2 loss to No. 4 Nebraska on Oct. 20, 2004 ... it was the Horns' only loss in Austin since the tail end of the 2003 season (Nov. 19, 2003 vs. Colorado).