MATCH #20: No. 3 TEXAS (16-3, 12-1 Big 12) vs. No. 18 Oklahoma (18-5, 10-3 Big 12)
When: Wednesday, Oct. 31 at 6:30 p.m. CDT
Where: Austin, Texas (Gregory Gymnasium; 4,000 capacity)
Television: TSTV (Time Warner Cable Ch. 77, UT Dorm Ch. 15)
All-Time Series Record: Texas leads Oklahoma, 29-1-0 (16-0 home, 3-0 neutral, 12-1 away)
Last Meeting: Oct. 17, 2007 - Texas won, 3-0 (30-21, 30-20, 30-21) in Norman
Last Oklahoma Victory: Sept. 27, 2006 - Oklahoma won, 3-2 (30-28, 30-21, 31-33, 26-30, 15-13) in Norman
Current Streak: Texas won the last two meetings
Purchase at TexasBoxOffice.com; by calling 800-982-BEVO or 512-471-3333; in person at any Texas Box Office outlet, including Austin-area H-E-B stores and the UT Athletics Ticket Office in Bellmont Hall (Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. CT); and in person one hour prior to game time at the Gregory Gymnasium box office.
· Any youth 14 and under wearing a Halloween costume will receive a free general admission ticket.
· The Texas Volleyball team will be handing out candy to fans following the match.
· Texas students are invited to the Texas Hellraisers Tailgate beginning at 5:30 on the Gregory Gym Plaza (free food courtesy of Chick-fil-A)- Free admission with a LASP.
· Texas was ranked No. 3 in the CSTV/AVCA poll, released Monday, Oct. 29, moving up two spots, after spending one week at No. 5 ... The Longhorns ranking is their highest ranking since Sept. 17, 1996 when Texas was ranked No. 3 ... UT has been ranked in the top seven every week this season ... Texas opened the season ranked No. 4 in the preseason poll, equaling its best preseason ranking in program history (1998).
· Junior middle blocker Lauren Paolini was named the Big 12 Player of the Week after hitting .577 and recording 2.17 blocks per-game in Texas' pair of sweeps against then-No. 1 Nebraska and Colorado ... Paolini connected for 2.67 kills per-game, while recording just one attack error on the week ... The award is the sixth weekly honor in the last eight weeks for UT.
· The Longhorns extended their season-best winning streak to 13 matches with their 3-0 sweep at Colorado (Oct. 27) ... Freshman outside hitter Juliann Faucette powered Texas past CU with a team-high 17 kills and 11 digs ... Junior middle blocker Lauren Paolini steadied the Horns' middle with 10 kill on .667 hitting, committing zero errors and notching seven total blocks ... Sophomore opposite hitter Ashley Engle chipped in a kill/dig double-double with 11 kills and 10 digs in the victory.
· On Wednesday, Oct. 24, Texas snapped No. 1 Nebraska's 29-match winning streak and handed the Huskers their first sweep in Big 12 play since 1997 ... The largest crowd ever to watch a match in Gregory Gymnasium's current configuration (4,286) witnessed the Longhorns first sweep of Nebraska since 1997.
· Texas moved into a first place tie in the Big 12 with its three-game sweep of top-ranked Nebraska (Oct. 24) ... Sophomore outside hitter Destinee Hooker led the way in the Longhorns win over the Huskers, tallying a team-high 17 kills on .455 hitting ... Freshman outside hitter Juliann Faucette joined her in double figures with 13 kills and added seven digs and three total blocks to her outing.
· In its 12 Big 12 Conference victories, Texas has dropped just three games, going five games with then-No. 17 Kansas State and dropping one game at Texas Tech ... The Longhorns have recorded 10 sweeps in Big 12 play (including No. 1 Nebraska) and 13 sweeps on the year.
· In its 12 Big 12 Conference matches, Texas has been impressive, ranking near the top of virtually every league statistical category in conference play ... The Longhorns rank first in the league with 3.39 blocks p/g and a .351 hitting percentage ... Texas 16.98assists p/g and 18.10 kills p/g rank second in league play ... Individually, Juliann Faucette and Destinee Hooker rank first and third in kills p/g with 5.26 and 4.61 respectively ... Faucette ranks second in the conference with 5.82 points p/g and seventh in hitting percentage (.347) ... Hooker ranks fourth in points (5.56) and eighth in hitting percentage (.346) ... Senior setter Michelle Moriarty paces the conference with 15.21 assists p/g in league play and middle blockers Brandy Magee and Lauren Paolini rank first and third respectively in hitting percentage at .438 and .426.
LAST TIME OUT: COLORADO (10/27/07)
Texas used four double-digit kill performances to sweep Big 12 Conference foe Colorado at the Coors Events Center ... freshman outside hitter Juliann Faucette highlighted the Longhorns' attack with 17 kills in UT's 30-27, 30-19, 30-28 victory ... Texas out-hit Colorado on the afternoon .348-to.194 and recorded 13 blocks, while CU only managed six ... junior middle blocker Lauren Paolini added 10 kills on .667 hitting in the win and recorded zero attack errors ... sophomore opposite hitter Ashley Engle posted 11 kills and 10 digs in the match and sophomore outside hitter Destinee Hooker added 10 kills of her own ... Faucette and Engle each posted a kill/dig double-doubles against CU, tallying 11 and 10 digs respectively ... Engle's double-double was the 19th of her career and Faucette's effort marked her fifth career double-double.
LAST TIME AGAINST OKLAHOMA (10/17/07)
The Longhorns out-hit No. 23 Oklahoma .418-to-.135 to sweep the Sooners, 3-0 on Oct. 17 at McCasland Field House ... Texas' 30-21, 30-20, 30-21 victory improved UT's all-time record against Oklahoma to 29-1 ... Longhorns' junior middle blocker Lauren Paolini headlined the Horns' attack on the night, tallying 11 kills on .733 hitting, while freshman outside hitter Juliann Faucette recorded a kill/dig double-double with 16 kills and 12 digs ... sophomore outside hitter Destinee Hooker joined the duo in double-digits with 12 kills on .375 hitting ... the Longhorns out-blocked the Sooners in the match, nine-to-three and Texas recorded 54 kills and OU only registered 36.