MATCH #18: No. 14 TEXAS (14-3, 9-2 Big 12) vs. TEXAS A&M (9-10, 2-8 Big 12)
When: Wednesday, October 26, 2005 at 8 p.m.
Where: Austin, Texas (Gregory Gym)
Television: Live on CSTV (Carter Blackburn on play-by-play with Anne Marie Anderson with color commentary)
All-Time Series Record: Texas leads the all-time series, 57-22 (28-5 home, 18-12 away, 11-5 neutral)
Series Streak: Texas has won the last two matches after the teams had each won on their home courts since 2002
Last Meeting: Texas won, 3-2 (30-19, 28-30, 30-25, 28-30, 15-10), in College Station on Oct. 5, 2005
Last Texas A&M victory: A&M won, 3-1 (32-34, 30-24, 30-27, 30-21), on Oct. 16, 2004 in College Station
Head Coach Jerritt Elliott vs. Texas A&M: 4-5 (all at Texas)
· Wednesday's match is the second of two State Farm Lone Star Showdown matches of 2005 ... Texas won the earlier meeting in College Station on Oct. 5, taking a 3-2 victory and earning 1/2 point toward the school's overall point standings ... there are a total of 19 points - one for each sport in which the two teams compete head-to-head ... currently, Texas owns a 1.5 to 0 lead in the series ... Texas won the inaugural State Farm Lone Star Showdown in 2004-05, 14.5 to 4.5 ... the next point-scoring events are the 2005 Big 12 Cross Country Championships (Oct. 28).
· The Longhorns will look to win their fourth-straight match at home against Texas A&M and win two in a row for the first time since the 1998 and 1999 seasons ... the two teams have played five-game matches at Gregory Gym in each of their last three meetings in Austin.
· Leticia Armstrong earned her first-career Big 12 honor on Monday when she earned Big 12 Co-Player of the Week accolades after her performances last week ... she is the first UT player to win in 2005.
· Texas has won its last 12 home matches and 22 of its last 23 at Gregory Gym ... UT's last loss at home - and only loss at home in 2004 - was a 3-2 loss to No. 4 Nebraska on Oct. 20, 2004 ... it was the Horns' only loss in Austin since the tail end of the 2003 season.
· Texas has won eight of its last nine matches, including five against ranked teams in that stretch. ... UT is 5-1 in matches against ranked teams in 2005 after Nebraska snapped UT's four-match winning streak against ranked foes last Saturday, Oct. 15.
· Leticia Armstrong has recorded double-figure kills in 10 of the team's 11 Big 12 matches and she begins the second half of the Big 12 season ranked fourth in the Big 12 (conf. matches only) in kills per game and third in hitting percentage ... Armstrong's 165 kills in league play is the third-highest total in the conference, as well.
· Through 17 matches, Brandy Magee has recorded 199 kills, 2/3 of her sophomore year total of 301 in 31 matches ... Magee is averaging a career-best 3.32 kills and is hitting a career-best .400 in her junior campaign.
· Michelle Moriarty moved into eighth place on the Texas career assist list in the team's last match and has 2,199 n her career ... she is currently 144 assists shy of seventh place ... Jenny Andrew is in 11th place on the list with 1,427.
· Dariam Acevedo swung for a career-best 25 kills and hit .435 in the Horns' 3-1 victory over Kansas State on Saturday ... that broke her previous best of 23, which she recorded against Arizona State as a freshman (2002) at Oregon.
· So far this season, Texas has used a steady rotation of two freshmen, four sophomores and three juniors, routinely starting a total of five freshmen or sophomores.
· The Longhorns have now been ranked in 22-straight editions of the AVCA poll, dating back to Sept. 20, 2004 when they cracked the poll at No. 22 after opening the season 10-0.
· Texas has an all-time program record of 876-327-14 (.726) ... the Longhorns have an all-time record of 131-60 (.686) in Big 12 play, spanning 10 seasons of play ... Texas won its first Big 12 title in 1997 and has a total of three second-place finishes (1996, 1998 and 2004).