Oct. 23, 2012
Match Notes vs. Baylor - Oct. 24
No. 8 Texas vs. Baylor
October 24, 2012
Where: Austin, Texas (Gregory Gymnasium)
Time: 7 p.m.
Live Stats: Gametracker on TexasSports.com
Television: Longhorn Network
(PbP - Paul Sunderland, Analyst - Kelli Tennant)
Internet Audio: Subscription audio on TexasSports.com
All-Time Series: Texas leads, 70-2 (H: 36-0; A: 29-2; N: 5-0)
· During the Longhorns' current 10-match win streak, the team is hitting .300 while holding opponents to a .136 hitting percentage. Haley Eckerman is averaging 5.12 kills per set during the streak while Hannah Allison has an 11.65 assists per set average.
· As of Oct. 23, Haley Eckerman is fifth in the nation for points per set (5.35 pps) and seventh in kills (4.65 kps). Texas is second in the nation in blocks (3.17 bps) and 11th in hitting percentage (.285).
· As of Oct. 23, Haley Eckerman leads all Big 12 players in kills (4.65 kps) and points (5.35 pps) while placing second for service aces (0.42 saps). Bailey Webster is fourth in kills (3.52 kps) and points (4.01 pps). Khat Bell is second in blocks (1.42 bps). Molly McCage is sixth in blocks (1.10 bps). Sha'Dare McNeal is ninth in blocks (1.03 bps). Sarah Palmer is sixth in digs (3.46 dps). Hannah Allison is ninth in assists (8.69 aps).
· Texas is ranked No. 4 nationally according to the latest RPI ratings as released by the NCAA (Oct. 22).
· In Big 12 matches this season, Texas leads the conference in hitting percentage (.308), blocks (3.35 bps) and opponent hitting percentage (.122).
· Texas is hitting .292 this season at home while holding opponents to a .149 hitting percentage.
· Haley Eckerman is averaging 4.48 kills per set in Gregory Gym this season.
· So far in Big 12 play, the Longhorns have recorded 36 service aces while committing 21 reception errors.
· Haley Eckerman has recorded double-doubles in four straight matches.
· Haley Eckerman has recorded double-digit kills in 18 of 19 matches this season.
· The 2012 squad has opened Big 12 play with an 8-0 mark. It's the third time under head coach Jerritt Elliott that UT has started conference play with an 8-0 record. The 2004 squad opened with an 8-0 mark while the 2009 team went 12-0 before suffering its first loss.