Volleyball preview: BYU
Oct. 23, 2008
MATCH #18: No. 3 TEXAS (15-2, 9-1 Big 12) vs. BYU (10-8, 3-6 Mountain West)
• The Longhorns finished out the first half of their Big12 calendar on Wednesday (Oct. 22) at Texas Tech, downing the Red Raiders, 3-0 ... sophomore middle blocker Jennifer Doris headlined the UT attack with a career-best 12 kills and a career-high .688 attack mark ... sophomore All-America outside hitter Juliann Faucette added 12 kills and hit .556 in the win ... UT out-hit Tech .460-to-.120 on the night.
• The Horns' current 22-match home winning streak is the third-best in school history and spans from Sept. 7, 2007 to present ... the Longhorns; regular-season winning streak of 21 matches was snapped against Stanford on Aug. 31, but it stands as the third-longest streak in UT history.
• The Longhorns are currently riding a 25-match regular season home winning streak, dating back to Texas' win over Oklahoma on Oct. 21, 2006 ... in 2007 the Longhorns were a perfect 15-0 in the friendly confines of Gregory Gymnasium ... Texas owned a 45-2 games won mark in its 15 home victories in 2007.
• Texas is hitting a conference-best .364 in league play, holding a large .084 edge on second-place Nebraska which is hitting .280 in the Big 12 ... senior All-America middle blocker Lauren Paolini is leading the way for UT in league play, hitting a Big 12-best .592, registering 96 kills on 152 swings, while committing just six attack errors in 10 matches ... Paolini has recorded five error-free matches so far in Big 12 action ... junior All-America outside hitter Destinee Hooker ranks eighth in the league with a .340 attack mark, while leading the Big 12 with 5.36 points and 4.49 kills per-set ... freshman setter Michelle Kocher paces the conference in league play with 11.97 assists per-set.
• Following its loss to Nebraska (Sept. 12, 2007), Texas ran off 23 straight victories en route to making its second straight NCAA Regional finals appearance ... in 2008, the Horns are riding a nine-match winning streak since falling to the No. 2 Huskers on Sept. 20 in Lincoln, Neb.
• In the most recent release of the NCAA Statistics (Oct. 19), the Longhorns rank second on the national charts in hitting with their .339 attack mark ... Texas ranks No. 10 in kills per-set (14.35) and No. 20 in blocks per-set (2.64) ... senior All-America middle blocker Lauren Paolini ranks No. 2 nationally in hitting percentage with a .494 attack mark. ... junior All-America outside hitter Destinee Hooker holds the No. 17 position with 4.30 kills per-set ... freshman setter Michelle Kocher ranks 21st nationally with 11.00 assists per-set.