MATCH #16: No. 16 TEXAS (12-3, 7-2 Big 12) at TEXAS TECH (10-9, 3-5 Big 12)
When: Wednesday, Oct. 19 at 7 p.m.
Where: Lubbock, Texas (United Spirit Arena)
Live Audio: None
All-Time Series Record: Texas leads, 58-9-2 (26-3 home, 25-2 away, 7-4-2 away)
Series Streak: Texas has won the last eight and 24 of the last 26 dating back to 1992
Last Meeting: Texas won, 3-0 (30-25, 30-26, 30-13) in Austin on Nov. 27, 2004
Last Tech victory: Tech won, 3-0 (15-8, 15-7, 15-5) in Lubbock on Nov. 1, 2000
Head Coach Jerritt Elliott vs. Texas: 8-0 (all at Texas)
· Wednesday's match at Texas Tech marks the last contest of the first half of the Big 12 home-and-home round-robin schedule ... five of the Horns' nine league matches have come against ranked teams in the first half of the schedule (#24 Kansas, #16 Kansas State, #23 Texas A&M, #7 Missouri, #1 Nebraska).
· A victory on Wednesday against the Red Raiders would give the Horns an 8-2 first-half record, which would put them on track to match last season's 16-4 mark that left them second in the league standings.
· UT saw its season-best six-match winning streak snapped on Saturday with the team's 3-0 loss at No. 1 Nebraska ... UT also had a five-match winning streak earlier this season (Sept. 9 through Sept. 14).
· Wednesday's match will be head coach Jerritt Elliott's 200th career match as a head coach ... he has a 143-56 (.719) career record in six+ years as a head coach.
· UT is 4-1 in matches against ranked teams in 2005 after the Huskers snapped UT's four-match winning streak against ranked foes.
· Texas ranks the top three in every offensive category in the Big 12 statistics (conference matches only) behind only Nebraska and Missouri ... UT is also in the top three in every defensive category (opponents' stats against Texas), except blocks where the team is ranked fifth.
· Leticia Armstrong has recorded double-figure kills in eight of the team's nine Big 12 matches.
· Alyson Jennings has recorded double-figure digs in 12 of 15 matches this season, including three 20-dig efforts ... one of the team's primary passers, Jennings has only eight return errors in 55 games on the year.
· Since starting to play all six rotations six matches ago against Kansas, Jen Christian had recorded double-figure points in five of six matches, her only such occurrences of the season.
· So far this season, Texas has used a steady rotation of two freshmen, four sophomores and three juniors, routinely starting a total of five freshmen or sophomores.
· The Longhorns have now been ranked in 21-straight editions of the AVCA poll, dating back to Sept. 20, 2004 when they cracked the poll at No. 22 after opening the season 10-0.
· Texas has an all-time program record of 874-327-14 (.725) ... the Longhorns have an all-time record of 129-60 (.683) in Big 12 play, spanning 10 seasons of play ... Texas won its first Big 12 title in 1997 and has a total of three second-place finishes (1996, 1998 and 2004).
· Texas has won its last 11 home matches and 21 of its last 22 at Gregory Gym ... UT's last loss at home - and only loss at home in 2004 - was a 3-2 loss to No. 4 Nebraska on Oct. 20, 2004 ... it was the Horns' only loss in Austin since the tail end of the 2003 season.
GET GREGORY GOING
Texas will look to break the Gregory Gym attendance record on Saturday, Oct. 22, when the team hosts No. 23 Kansas State ... the current record is 5,072, set on Oct. 21, 1998 when Texas A&M came to town ... the 7 p.m. match is free to fans who present a ticket stub from the 2:30 p.m. Texas-Texas Tech football game ... additionally, $2.00 general admission coupons are available at "Bevo's Bargains" at TexasSports.com