Oct. 16, 2012
2012 Match Notes
No. 8 Texas vs. No. 22 Iowa State
October 17, 2012
Where: Austin, Texas (Gregory Gymnasium)
Time: 7 p.m.
Live Stats: Gametracker on TexasSports.com
Television: FOX Sports Net
(PbP - Bill Land, Analyst - Kathi Weiskamp)
Internet Audio: Subscription audio on TexasSports.com
All-Time Series: Texas leads, 31-3 (H: 18-0; A: 13-3; N: 0-0)
· Wednesday's match will be the Longhorns' 10th match against a Top 25 opponents. Texas holds a 6-3 record this season against ranked competition.
· During the Longhorns' current nine-match win streak, the team is hitting .295 while holding opponents to a .122 hitting percentage. Haley Eckerman is averaging 5.21 kills per set during the streak while Hannah Allison has an 11.79 assists per set average.
· As of Oct. 15, Haley Eckerman is third in the nation for points per set (5.37 pps) and sixth in kills (4.65 kps). Texas is third in the nation in blocks (3.17 bps).
· As of Oct. 15, Haley Eckerman leads all Big 12 players in kills (4.65 kps) and points (5.37 pps) while placing second for service aces (0.42 saps). Bailey Webster is fourth in kills (3.53 kps) and points (4.02 pps). Khat Bell is third in blocks (1.42 bps). Molly McCage is sixth in blocks (1.12 bps). Sha'Dare McNeal is 10th in blocks (1.00 bps). Sarah Palmer is sixth in digs (3.62 dps). Hannah Allison is ninth in assists (8.52 aps).
· Texas is ranked No. 4 nationally according to the latest RPI ratings as released by the NCAA (Oct. 15).
· In Big 12 matches this season, Texas leads the conference in hitting percentage (.281) and blocks (3.17 bps) and is second in opponent hitting percentage (.154).
· Texas is hitting .287 this season at home while holding opponents to a .140 hitting percentage.
· Haley Eckerman is averaging 4.46 kills per set in Gregory Gym this season.
· So far in Big 12 play, the Longhorns have recorded 27 service aces while committing 15 reception errors.
· Haley Eckerman has recorded double-doubles in three straight matches.