Oct. 11, 2012
No. 9 Texas vs. No. 21 Kansas
October 12, 2012
Where: Austin, Texas (Gregory Gymnasium)
Time: 7:30 p.m.
Live Stats: Gametracker on TexasSports.com
Television: Longhorn Network
(PbP - Brenda VanLengen, Analyst - Holly McPeak)
Internet Audio: Subscription audio on TexasSports.com
All-Time Series: Texas leads, 31-4 (H: 15-1; A: 13-3; N: 3-0)
Match Notes vs. Kansas
· Friday's match features two unbeatens in Big 12 play this season. Texas leads the Big 12 with a 6-0 record while Kansas is second with a 5-0 mark after rallying for a five-set win on Wednesday at Oklahoma.
· Kansas is 17-2 overall with the Jayhawks leading the conference in kills (14.26 kps) and digs (16.21 dps). Caroline Jarmac leads the Jayhawks with 257 kills (3.57 kps) this season while hitting .396 with 56 digs (0.78 dps) and 92 blocks (1.28 bps).
· As of Oct. 11, Haley Eckerman leads all Big 12 players in kills (4.61 kps) and points (5.35 pps) while placing second for service aces (0.44 saps). Bailey Webster is seventh in hitting percentage (.307) and fourth in kills (3.55 kps) and points (4.04 pps). Khat Bell is third in blocks (1.30 bps).
· Texas is ranked No. 8 nationally according to the latest RPI ratings as released by the NCAA (Oct. 8).
· Until Monday's five-set win at Louisville, the Longhorns had won seven straight matches via 3-0 sweeps. It's the first time Texas has recorded seven straight 3-0 sweeps since the 2009 season when the Longhorns played in the national championship match.
· In Big 12 matches this season, Texas leads the conference in hitting percentage (.285) and blocks (3.14 bps) and is third in opponent hitting percentage (.157) and kills (13.74 kps).
· So far in Big 12 play, the Longhorns have recorded 24 service aces while committing 13 reception errors.
· Haley Eckerman has recorded double-digit kills in 16 of 17 matches this season.