Oct. 8, 2012
Match Notes at No. 17 Louisville
No. 9 Texas at No. 17 Louisville
October 8, 2012
Where: Louisville, Kentucky (KFC Yum! Center)
Time: 6 p.m. (Central)/ 7 p.m. (Eastern)
Live Stats: Gametracker on TexasSports.com
All-Time Series: Texas leads, 2-0 (H: 1-0; A: 1-0; N: 0-0)
· This is the first meeting between Texas and Louisville since Nov. 30, 1994, when the Longhorns earned a 3-0 sweep in Louisville.
· The Longhorns' current seven-match win streak have all come via 3-0 sweeps. It's the first time Texas has recorded seven straight 3-0 sweeps since the 2009 season when the Longhorns played in the national championship match.
· As of Oct. 1, Texas led the nation in blocks per set. The Longhorns are averaging 3.23 blocks per set this season.
· In Big 12 matches this season, the Longhorns are averaging 3.33 blocks per set. Khat Bell leads the Longhorns with a 1.67 blocks per set average.
· So far in Big 12 play, the Longhorns have recorded 24 service aces while committing 13 reception errors.
· Texas has hit .260 or better in a match since switching back to a conventional 5-1 lineup (seven matches).