STATE FARM LONE STAR SHOWDOWN:
MATCH #12: No. 19 TEXAS (9-2, 4-1 Big 12) vs. No. 23 TEXAS A&M (7-6, 0-5 Big 12)
When: Wednesday, Oct. 5, 2005 at 6:30 p.m.
Where: College Station, Texas (G. Rollie White Coliseum)
All-Time Series Record: Texas leads the all-time series, 56-22 (28-5 home, 17-12 away, 11-5 neutral)
Series Streak: Each team has won at home in the last six meetings, after A&M won the previous six matches
Last Meeting: Texas won, 3-2 (23-30, 40-38, 30-23, 25-30, 15-10), in Austin on Nov. 11, 2004
Last Texas A&M victory: A&M won, 3-1 (32-34, 30-24, 30-27, 30-21) on Oct. 16, 2004 in College Station
Head Coach Jerritt Elliott vs. Texas A&M: 3-5 (all at Texas)
· Wednesday's match is the first of two State Farm Lone Star Showdown matches of 2005 ... the teams will also meet in Austin on Oct. 26 at 8 p.m. ... the winner of each match will earn 1/2 point toward the school's overall point standings ... there are a total of 19 points up for grabs - one for each sport in which the two teams compete head-to-head ... currently, Texas owns a 1-0 lead in the series after the Longhorns' soccer team upended the 11th-ranked Aggies, 2-1, on Sunday, Oct. 2, in Austin ... Texas won the inaugural State Farm Lone Star Showdown in 2004-05, 14.5 to 4.5 ... the next point-scoring event is the second volleyball match of the year, followed by the 2005 Big 12 Cross Country Championships (Oct. 28).
· The Longhorns have dropped their last seven matches at Texas A&M's G. Rollie White Coliseum ... UT's last victory in College Station was on Sept. 30, 1998 - a 3-2 victory.
· Brandy Magee and Leticia Armstrong both saw their respective four-match double-figure kill streaks snapped on Saturday against Oklahoma ... Armstrong had nine kills, while Magee added eight in the 3-0 victory.
· After playing sparingly as a redshirt freshman, Leticia Armstrong is now third in the Big 12 in hitting percentage (.421) and is ranked fifth nationally in the category ... in Big 12 matches only, she is also ranked fourth in kills/game (4.11) and seventh in points/game (4.74) while recording double-figure kills in four of five matches.
· Alyson Jennings has recorded double-figure digs in nine of 11 matches this season, including two 20-dig efforts ... as one of the team's primary passers, Jennings has only has six return errors on the year in 40 games.
· So far this season, Texas has used a steady rotation of two freshmen, four sophomores and three juniors, routinely starting a total of five freshmen or sophomores.
· The Longhorns have now been ranked in 19-straight editions of the AVCA poll, dating back to Sept. 20, 2004 when they cracked the poll at No. 22 after opening the season 10-0.
· Texas has won the first game of the match in all but one match this season, going 9-1 when winning that first game.
· Texas has an all-time program record of 871-326-14 (.725) ... the Longhorns have an all-time record of 126-59 (.681) in Big 12 play, spanning 10 seasons of play ... Texas won its first Big 12 title in 1997 and has a total of three second-place finishes (1996, 1998 and 2004).
· The Big 12 will release a 10th Anniversary All-Big 12 team on Nov. 8 which will be voted on by media members and fans ... fans will be able to vote at Big12Sports.com from Oct. 1 through Nov. 1.
· Texas has won its last 10 home matches and 20 of the its last 21 at Gregory Gym ... UT's last loss at home - and only loss at home in 2004 - was a 3-2 loss to No. 4 Nebraska on Oct. 20, 2004 ... it was the Horns' only loss in Austin since the tail end of the 2003 season.
The crowd of 2,508 that attended the Texas-Oklahoma match on Oct. 1 was the largest of the season and the fifth-highest since the start of the 2001 season ... Texas is 8-0 when hitting .250 or better in a match, and 7-0 when leading in blocks ... the Longhorns have won both matches they have played against ranked teams in 2005 - a 3-2 victory over No. 24 Kansas at home on Sept. 21 and a 3-0 victory on the road at No. 16 Kansas State on Sept. 28 ... UT is also 8-0 when winning game two of a match ... Texas has hit .300 or better in six matches this season, including a pair of .400 or better efforts ... conversely, the Horns have held opponents to a .200 hitting percentage or worse in eight matches, including under .100 in three contests ... only two teams have hit better than .200
Michelle Moriarty is now ranked ninth on Texas' career assist list with 1,894 assists ... she also has 31 kills on the season, more than she totaled in 2004 (24) ... Dariam Acevedo has six double-figure kill performances so far this season, compared to seven in all of 2004 ... Acevedo has also averaged 4.18 kills/game in the last four matches ... Brandy Magee has seven double-figure kill matches this season, compared to 13 in all of 2004 ... since the first match of the season where she collected only three kills on six attacks for a .167 mark, Magee hasn't had match below .300 ... Leticia Armstrong now has five double-figure kill matches so far this season, including each of the team's first four Big 12 Conference matches ... Alyson Jennings has recorded at least one ace in each of the last four matches ... Brandy Magee saw her five-match ace streak snapped in the last match against Oklahoma ... Magee has also gone seven matches without a service error ... Kiley Hall has at least one service ace in all but two of the Horns' 11 matches this season.