Volleyball preview: TCU
Oct. 2, 2012
No. 9 Texas vs. TCU
Where: Austin, Texas (Gregory Gymnasium)
Time: 7 p.m.
Television: Longhorn Network
Internet Audio: Subscription audio on TexasSports.com
All-Time Series: Texas leads, 3-0 (H: 2-0; A: 1-0; N: 0-0)
· Texas earned a 3-0 sweep at TCU in the last meeting between the two teams last year on Sept. 20 (25-16, 25-15, 25-19). Hannah Allison had 36 assists in the match while Khat Bell had 10 kills for the Longhorns.
· As of Oct. 1, Haley Eckerman is 11th in the nation for points per set (5.23 pps), tied for 17th in service aces (0.48 saps) and 18th for kills per set (4.43 kps).
· Junior setter Hannah Allison needs nine assists to become the 11th player in Texas history to tally 2,000 career assists.
· Texas has registered double digits in blocks in its last three matches (all 3-0 sweeps) with a 4.11 blocks per set average.
· In Big 12 matches this season, the Longhorns are averaging 3.83 blocks per set. Sha'Dare McNeal and Khat Bell have a 1.75 blocks per set average in Big 12 matches while freshman Molly McCage has a 1.56 bps average.
· So far in Big 12 play, the Longhorns have recorded 19 service aces while committing only six reception errors.
· Texas has hit .260 or better in a match since switching back to a conventional 5-1 lineup (five matches).