Aug. 31, 2010
Matches 4-6: No. 2/2 TEXAS (3-0, 0-0 Big 12) at the Time Warner Cable Texas Invitational
When: Thur., Sept 2 vs. Florida A&M at 6:30 p.m. / Fri., Sept. 3 vs. No. 5/6 Illinois at 6:30 p.m. / Sat., Sept. 4 vs. No. 23/18 Long Beach State at 6:30 p.m.
Where: Austin, Texas (Gregory Gymnasium)
Internet Audio/Video: Watch Texas Volleyball home matches FREE on TexasSports.TV
Live Stats: GameTracker
All-Time Series Record: Texas leads Florida A&M, 1-0 (H: 1-0, A: 0-0, N: 0-0)
Texas is tied with Illinois, 5-5 (H: 1-1, A: 1-1, N: 3-3)
Texas trails Long Beach State, 1-3 (H: 0-0, A: 1-2, N: 0-1)
Great seats are available for fans wanting to purchase season or single match tickets. For information or to order, call the UT Athletics ticket office at 512-471-3333 or visit TexasBoxOffice.com. Free Admission for Texas' match against McNeese State on Saturday, Aug. 28 at Noon Central.
• $7 Point Texas Pack: Includes a general admission ticket for all matches of the tournament. Order online at TexasBoxOffice.com or by calling 512-232-3865 Deadline to order: Wednesday, Sept. 1 at 4 p.m.
• Faculty/Staff Night: $3 general admission ticket available to all Univ. of Texas faculty and staff. Faculty and staff may purchase tickets at Bellmont Hall (M-F; 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.) or at the Gregory Gym box office before the match. Valid UTID must be presented at time of purchase.
• Medical Community Night: $3 general admission ticket for all employees in the medical community. ADVANCE SALE ONLY by calling 512-232-3865. Deadline to order: Wednesday, Sept. 1 at 4 p.m.
• The Longhorns are ranked No. 2 in the most recent AVCA Division I Coaches Poll (Aug. 30) ... UT has now been ranked in the Top 10 for 59 straight weeks and in the Top Five for 33 straight weeks ... Texas has been ranked in the AVCA Top 25 for 95 consecutive weeks, dating back to 2004 ... UT opponents in the poll include No. 1 Penn State, No. 3 Stanford, No. 5 Illinois, No. 6 Florida, No. 7 Nebraska, No. 12 Iowa State and No. 23 Long Beach State ... UT was No. 3 in the preseason poll.
• Texas holds the No. 2 spot in the latest Volleyball Magazine Poll (Aug. 31) ... Big 12 foes in the poll include, No. 8 Nebraska and No. 12 Iowa State ... four of Texas' non-conference opponents are ranked (No. 1 Penn State, No. 3 Stanford, No. 4 Florida, No. 6 Illinois and No. 18 Long Beach State).
• Texas is riding a 24-match home winning streak at Gregory Gym dating back to Nov. 1, 2008, which ranks third-best all-time at Texas ... in 2009, Texas dropped just one set at home, posting a 36-1 sets won record on its home floor.
• Last week, Texas pushed its all-time program win total to 998 victories in its 36 years of volleyball ... the Horns need just two victories to reach the 1,000 win plateau and become one of eight programs to reach that feat (UCLA, Nebraska, Missouri State, BYU, Long Beach State, Penn State and Hawaii)
• Senior outside hitter Juliann Faucette headlined the Longhorns' attack at the Burnt Orange Classic (Aug. 27-28) en route to claiming tourney most outstanding player accolades ... she hammered out 37 kills, 4.11 kills per-set, 5.33 points per-set and hit at a .408 clip in UT's three wins ... Faucette added 2.11 digs and 1.00 service aces per-set at the tourney, including a career-best seven service aces against TCU.
• Freshman setter Hannah Allison was a standout at the Burnt Orange Classic, steadying the Longhorns on both sides of the net in her first weekend as a collegian and garnering All-Tournament Team accolades ... Allison set the Horns' offense to a .391 team hitting percentage, while averaging 11.89 assists, 1.67 digs, 0.78 aces and 0.89 blocks per-set.
• The Longhorns blanketed the Burnt Orange Classic All-Tournament Team on opening weekend (Aug. 27-28) ... senior outside hitter Juliann Faucette earned most outstanding player honors and junior libero Sydney Yogi garnered most outstanding libero accolades ... freshman setter Hannah Allison, sophomore opposite hitter Sha'Dare McNeal and junior outside hitter Amber Roberson all earned spots on the all-tournament team.
• In Texas' 3-0 win over McNeese State on Aug. 28, the Horns hit .550 as a team, marking the second-best team total all-time at UT and the best in the rally-scoring era ... Texas' top performance was a .590 outing against Rice on Nov. 1, 1982.