| Alyson Jennings
Costa Mesa, Calif.
· Career statistics
· 2007 Time Warner Cable Texas Invitational Best Libero
· 2007 U.S. Women's National Volleyball A-2 Team member
· 2006 Time Warner Cable Texas Invitational Best Libero and All-Tournament Team
· 2005 Longhorn Team MVP
· 2005 Ole Miss Magnolia Invitational All-Tournament Team
· 2004 Time Warner Cable Texas Invitational Best Libero and All-Tournament Team
· 2005 and 2006 Longhorn Team MVP
· 2007 PowerAde Collegiate Beach Volleyball Championship participant
AS A SENIOR (2007)
· Played in all 103 games of 31 matches as the team's libero
· Averaged 3.67 digs per game and led the Longhorns with 378 total digs
· Ranks second all-time at Texas in career digs with 1,551 ... ties for 10th place all-time with Michelle Moriarty for most games played (427)
· Tallied double-digit digs in 21 matches
· Recorded a career-high five assists against Cal State Bakersfield (9/6)
· Established a new career-high in digs with 26 and tied a career-high in assists with five versus Pepperdine (9/7)
· Tallied two service aces, 16 digs and two assists in the 3-0 victory over Kansas (10/13)
· Paced the Longhorn's defense in the sweep of No. 1 Nebraska with 14 digs (10/24)
· Led a quintet of Horns in double-digit digs with 18 against Texas A&M (11/9), including three digs in a single point
· Notched 17 digs and two aces in the 3-0 sweep of Baylor (11/17)
· Tied a career-high with 26 digs at Iowa State (11/21)
AS A JUNIOR (2006)
· Started all 31 matches as the team's libero
· Averaged 3.66 digs per game and led the team defensively with 425 digs
· Established a career-high with 25 digs and tallied a kill against Cal Poly (9/2)
· Collected a new career-high four aces in a 3-1 victory at Pepperdine while also adding 11 digs in the game (9/1)
· Named to the Time Warner Cable Texas Invitational All-Tournament Team and earned the libero award for the tournament (9/8)
· Led the team with 20 digs against No. 2 Penn State (9/8)
· Connected for a kill from the back-row and recorded 24 digs against Oklahoma; also matched her season-high with four aces in the match (9/27)
· Recorded seven-consecutive matches with double-figures in digs (9/8-9/30)
· Anchored the defense in UT's 3-1 win at Kansas State with a team-high 19 digs (11/15)
· Earned 13 total digs for the team lead at No.1 Nebraska (11/25), recording her sixth consecutive game with double-figures in digs (11/4-11/25)
· Registered 17 digs and added two service aces in Texas' NCAA second round win over Stephen F. Austin (12/2)
· Posted a team-high 21 digs and a rare kill against Stanford (12/9) in the NCAA Regional finals.
· Teamed with Ashley Engle to represent Texas at the inaugural PowerAde Collegiate Beach Volleyball Championship (April 22, 2007) in San Diego, Calif.
AS A SOPHOMORE (2005)
· Started all 29 matches as the team's libero and was one of only two players to see action in all 105 games
· Named team MVP after averaging 3.60 digs per game, which ranked seventh in the Big 12
· In conference matches only, ranked fourth with a 3.70 digs per game mark
· Had 23 double-figure dig performances including four 20-plus dig efforts
· As one of the team's primary passers, recorded 16 error-free matches on the season and only committed 18 return errors in 98 games
· Voted to the Ole Miss Magnolia Invitational (9/9-10) All-Tournament team after recording 43 digs - including three double-digit efforts - in the team's four wins while passing well enough to help the team hit better than .327 in each of the four contests
· Had a career-high four assists and set a new career-high in digs with 21 against No. 24 Kansas (9/21) in UT's five-game win
· Matched her career high 21 digs at No. 23 Texas A&M (10/5) in the five-game win to help UT win its first match in College Station since 1997
· Established a new career high with 22 digs in the Horns' three-game sweep of Texas Tech (11/16), a mark that tied for the Big 12's best mark in 2005 in a three-game match
· Against No. 1 Nebraska, aided UT's 3-2 upset with perfect passing on 30 receptions while adding 17 digs, two assists and one ace
· Continued her errorless passing in the NCAA Tournament, amassing 58 clean passes in the team's two matches (LSU on 12/2 and No. 7 Hawaii on 12/3).
AS A FRESHMAN (2004)
· Appeared in all 31 matches, starting 30 as the team's libero
· Averaged 3.59 digs per game (370 total), good for the ninth-best mark in the Big 12 Conference
· Had 21 double-figure dig performances, including 16 of the last 19 matches
· Started her career with a 16-dig performance against SMU (9/3)
· Earned `Best Libero' and All-Tournament Team honors at the Time Warner Cable Texas Invitational after collecting 25 digs in three matches and helping Texas hit over .400 in two of the three matches
· Registered 17 digs in the team's victory against Missouri (10/13) and also added two aces
· Posted a then career-high 20 digs at No. 20 Texas A&M (10/16) and two aces
· Had 19 digs - one shy of her career high - and a career-high three assists in the team's NCAA second-round victory over Michigan (12/4)
· Had a team best 14 digs in Texas' NCAA Regional semifinals match-up against eventual national champion Stanford (12/10).
Competed for the 2007 U.S. Women's National Volleyball A-2 Blue Team ... helped lead her squad to a fifth-place finish at the USA Volleyball Adult Open Championships in Austin, Texas.
Was a four-year letterwinner for Dan Glenn on the Newport Harbor volleyball team as an outside hitter and a setter ... was a member of the `Dream Team' all four years she played ... was a consistent presence on the Sea View League All-Star team, garnering First and Second-Team honors ... was honored with a place on the All-CIF First Team as a senior ... was the Orange County Register Player of the Year ... her Newport Harbor team was Sea View League champions in each of her four years there and won one CIF Division II championship ... was a member of the Orange County Volleyball Club under head coach Charlie Brande ... Orange County won the prestigious Davis Festival 16's tournament in 2002.
Full name is Alyson Hope Jennings ... born October 22, 1986 in Newport Beach, Calif. ... is the older of Claudia and Ric Jennings' two children ... has a younger sister, Hunter (11) ... nicknamed the team's "Lady in Black" for the all-black court attire she sports as the team's libero ... three-time Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll ... 2005-06 UT Women's Athletics Betty Himmelblau Endowed Scholarship winner and 2006-07 Betty Alexander Endowed Scholarship recipient ... corporate communications major.