· Two-time Academic All-Big 12
Cross Country (Senior):
· Competed in three events for the Longhorns in her senior campaign
· Placed fifth and posted a 5K career best time of 18:23 at the Concordia Invite
· Recorded a time of 18:50 and an 18th place finish at the Ricardo Romo Invite
· 2010 Academic All-Big 12
· Recorded a personal-best 4:57.85 in the 1,500m en route to placing 14th at the Michael Johnson Invite.
· Took 13th and posted a career-best 10:44.24 in the 3,000m at the Texas Invite.
· Placed 18th and clocked a PR in the 5,000m with a time of 18:48.15.
· Ran a personal-best in the mile and finished 24th at the Leonard Hilton Memorial, with a time of 5:30.98.
Cross Country (Junior)
· Finished sixth for Texas and seventh overall in the Texas State Invitational with a mark of 18:56.
· Clocked a 5K season best of 18:39.2 for 33rd at the Islander Splash.
· Posted a seventh-place effort at the Incarnate Word Invite in 21:01.7.
Cross Country (Sophomore):
· Recorded a 26th-place effort at the Texas State Invitational, finishing the 5K course in 20:10.
· Finished 11th for the Longhorns and 93rd overall at the Texas A&M Invitational (20:34).
· Took 11th in the 1,500-meter event in 5:15.46 at the Texas A&M-Kingsville meet.
· Posted a 13th-place effort in the 3,000m at the Texas Twilight meet, finishing in 11:13.73.
· Ran the 5,000m in 10:44.79 at the Rice Twilight for 11th place.
· Ran a personal-best time of 5:34.60 in the Mile at the Leonard Hilton Memorial for 31st place.
PRIOR TO TEXAS
· Four-year track and field letterwinner and three-year basketball and cross country standout at Austin High School ... coached by Tricia Johnson (basketball, track), Bob Berger (cross country) and Trey Ellis (cross country).
· Two-time regional qualifier in the middle distance events ... carried prep personal bests of 5:29 in the 1,600-meter run and 12:08 in the 3,200-meter run.
· Competed on two club track and field teams - Team Winners Edge and South Austin Steel from 2006-07 ... finished fifth at the Junior Olympics as a leg of the 4x3,200-meter relay team.
· Graduated in top 10 percent of high school class.
· Member of Spanish Club, Volunteer Club and Future Teachers of America.
Full name is Megan Linn Vasquez ... born on Dec. 30, 1988 in Austin ... daughter of Lydia Vasquez ... has a younger brother, Jacob ... majoring in kinesiology with a focus on health promotion and fitness.