· Three-time All-Big 12
In the Record Books:
Sixth all-time in the Indoor 800-meter (2:08.20), eighth all-time in the Indoor distance medley relay (11:33.88), eighth all-time in the Indoor distance medley relay performances (11:33.88), two of the top 10 all-time Outdoor 4x800-meter relay performers, two of the top 10 all-time Outdoor 4x800-meter relay performances, eighth all-time on the Outdoor distance medley relay (11:27.34), eighth on the all-time Outdoor distance medley relay performances list (11:27.34).
· Posted highest 800m finish of the season at the Rice Bayou classic, coming in second in an NCAA Regional mark of 2:08.71.
· Clocked a 2:09.71 800m at the Texas Relays for third place.
· Ran the second leg of the 4x400 meter relay that placed third at the Big 12 Championship (3:35.94) and third at the Texas Relays (3:32.70).
· Also a member of the distance-medley relay that earned a third place finish at the Texas Relays, finishing in 11:18.61.
· Earned her first All-America honor after running the second leg of the 4x400 meter relay that placed fourth at the 2008 NCAA Indoor Championships.
· Placed third in the 1,000 meter dash at the Big 12 Indoor Championship finishing in a personal-best time of 2:48.95...also ran the second leg of the 4x400-meter relay that placed second at the Big 12 Indoor meet in a NCAA provisional time of 3:36.60.
· Was a member of the distance-medley relay squad that recorded a second-place finish at the Big 12 Indoor meet.
· Posted a lifetime-best mark of 57.93 in the 400-meter dash for seventh place at the Houston Invite.
· Also ran a lifetime best in the mile at the Houston Indoor, clocking in at 5:10.63 for third place.
· Recorded a second-place finish (2:09.08) in the 800-meter dash at the Illinois Quad.
Cross Country (Junior):
· One of two juniors who saw action at the Texas A&M Invitational.
· Finished 52nd overall at the Texas A&M Invitational, clocking a personal-best time of 20:02.
· Nearly advanced to the NCAA Midwest Region finals in the 800... clocked 2:07.96 for the 10th fastest time in the preliminary round.
· Garnered All-Big 12 honors with a sixth-place finish (2:12.19) in the 800 at the conference championships... ran a regional-qualifying time of 2:08.91 in the preliminary race.
· Opened the season with a fourth-place finish (4:47.77) in the 1,500 at the UNLV Invitational.
· Finished third in the 800 in 2:11.62 at the Texas Twilight.
· Captured third in the 800-meter run clocked at 2:11.62 at Texas Twilight.
· Ran 2:12.52 in the 800 placing third at Texas Invitational.
· Made the All-Big 12 team for the second consecutive season with a fourth-place finish in the 800-meter dash... posted the second fastest time of the season of 2:09.94 in scoring five points towards the team's runner-up finish.
· Season-best performance came at the Tyson Invitational... clocked 2:09.64 for fourth-place at the Tyson Invitational.
· Fourth leg of the 4x400-meter relay (3:46.79) that took second at the Houston Indoor Opener... added an event championship in the 800 (2:13.57) in the 800.
· Captured the 800 title in 2:15.22 at the Leonard Hilton Memorial meet.
· Registered a personal-best 2:08.98 in the 800m preliminary round at the NCAA Midwest Regional Championships.
· Clocked 2:09.35 in the 800m preliminary round at the Big 12 Championships.
· Ran a meet-leading 2:04.9 anchor split in the 4x800m relay to help the Longhorns to first place in the event at the Penn Relays and also anchored the 4x800m relay to victory (8:45.68) at the Texas Relays.
· Took second in the 800m (2:10.90) at the North Texas Spring Classic and fourth at the Texas Invitational (2:11.15) and Texas Twilight (2:10.32).
· Placed eighth in the 1500m (4:48.42) at the Hurricane Invitational.
· Fourth in the 1000m (2:53.20b) at the Big 12 Championships.
· Clocked a personal best of 2:08.20 in the 800m at the Alex Wilson Invitational for eighth place.
· Competed in the event at four other meets, placing fourth (2:15.07) at the Houston Indoor Opener, seventh (2:17.59) at the Hilton Memorial, third (2:13.92) at the Houston Indoor Invitational and 13th (2:13.45b) at the Tyson Invitational.
PRIOR TO TEXAS
· Four-year letterwinner (2001-05) in track and field at Baton Rouge Magnet High School... coached by Clarence Antoine and Gregory Thompson.
· Six-time Junior Olympics participant and two-time state champion in the indoor 800m and three-time state champion in the outdoor 800m.
· Carried prep personal bests of 2:13.19 in the outdoor 800, 2:12.09 in the indoor 800, 24.75 in the outdoor 200 and 56.45 in the outdoor 400.
· Four-time gold medalist and two-time silver medalist for the Keeping Young Track Club from 1999-2004... coached by Maelen Brooks, Amos Harrison and Detrick Green.
Full name is Katara Allene Rosby ... daughter of Carl and Allene Rosby ... born on Feb. 19, 1987 in Oak Grove, La.... has three siblings - Raphael, Joshua and Wakita... human ecology major... recipient of the 2005-06 UT Women's Athletic's Kenneth Sims Endowed Scholarship... four-time Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll selection (Fall 2005 and Fall and Spring 2006 and Fall 2007).