| Asia Myrland
Career Performance List as of 4/7/10
|Cross Country 5K
|Cross Country 6K
In the Record Books:
Sixth all-time in the Indoor 5,000-meter (17:01.31), fourth all-time in the outdoor 10,000-meter (35:09.54).
Cross Country (Senior):
· Competed in four events for the Longhorns.
· Recorded highest finish of the season with a third-place showing at the Islander Splash ... crossed the line in a personal-best 5K time of 17:07.2.
· Was UT's third-highest finisher at the Big 12 Championships, finishing in 22:50.4 for 26th.
· Placed 31st at the NCAA South Central Regionals in 22:17.6.
· Ran a 5,000m personal-best time of 17:44.71 at the Big 12 Outdoor Championship for 21st ... also placed 13th in the 10,000m at the meet with an altitude adjusted time of 38:10.35.
· Took home medalist honors in the 3,000m at the Texas Invite, crossing the line in 10:07.39.
· Clocked a 37:04.49 in the 10,000m at the Drake Relays for fourth place.
· Finished seventh in the 5,000m at the Texas Relays with a time of 17:50.39.
· Opened the season with a personal-best 1,500m time of 4:58.99 for sixth at the Black & Gold Challenge.
· Picked up two third-place finishes in the 5,000m at the Big 12 vs. SEC (17:19.70) and Texas A&M Invitational (17:22.41).
· Recorded a personal-best 3,000m mark of 10:02.79 for 27th at the Big 12 Indoor Championships.
Cross Country (Junior):
· Finished first for Texas and 13th overall at the Texas A&M Invitational, finishing the 5K in 17:59.
· Ran the 6K course at the Big 12 Championship in 24:21 for 96th.
· Placed 10th at the Big 12 Championships in the 10K, crossing the line in 37:40.79 ... also finished 18th in the 5,000 (18:38.85) at the league meet.
· Ran a season-best time of 17:11.57 in the 5,000 for first place at the Rice Twilight meet.
· Placed sixth in the 5,000 at the Rice Bayou Classic finishing in 17:44.95.
· Notched a NCAA Regional time of 10:10.20 for first place in the 3,000 meters at the Texas Invitational.
· Placed eighth at the Big 12 Indoors in the 5,000 meter run with a time of 17:10.11 ... named All-Big 12.
· Ran a season-best time of 17:01.58 in the 5,000 at the Tyson Invitational for a fourth-place finish.
· Earned first win of the indoor season taking medalist honors at the Houston Indoor in the 5,000 (17:48.40).
· Also posted top 10 finishes in the 3,000 meter run at the Illinois Quad (third, 10:08.35) and the Houston Invite (seventh, 10:13.75).
Cross Country (Sophomore):
· Helped Texas to two team championships and six top-10 finishes during the season.
· Ran a 6K season-best time of 21:50.4 at the NCAA South Central Regional Championship ... finished second for UT and 26th overall.
· Crossed the finish line second for UT and 28th overall at the Big 12 Championship in 21:54.30.
· Runner-up behind teammate Betzy Jimenez at the Texas State Invitational, clocking 18:13.45 ... helped lead the Horns to its third consecutive win.
· Placed seventh overall and first for UT in running her first sub-18 minute 5K race of the season at the Texas A&M Invitational ... completed the course in 17:53.
· Finished second overall at the Islander Splash in 17:37.
· Ran in 22:03.8 at the Chile Pepper Festival to finish second for UT and 39th overall.
· Posted the fourth-fastest, 10,000-meter time in Texas school history ... finished in 35:09.54 at the Penn Relays.
· Finished ninth in the 5,000 (17:55.10) and the 10,000 (37:37.37) at the Big 12 Championships.
· Ran a season-best time of 17:12.67 in the 5000 meter run for second at Texas Relays.
· Opened the season with a runner-up finish in the 5,000-meter run ... clocked 18:13.94 at the UNLV Invitational.
· Registered a season-best 10:12.24 in the 3000-meter run for fourth place at the Texas Invitational.
· Took third in the 5000 at Texas Twilight, running 10:13.56.
· Top 5000-meter runner on the 2007 roster.
· Earned All-Big 12 honors with a seventh-place performance (17:01.30) in the 5,000m ... time marked the sixth fastest in UT school history ... added a lifetime best 10:03.45 time in the 3,000 to finish in the top 20.
· Ran 5:17.62 in the mile for 15th and finished eighth in the 3000-meter run (10:09.59) at the Houston Indoor Opener.
· Took second in 17:45.45 in the 5000-meter run at the Leonard Hilton Memorial.
· Ran 17:17.89 in the 5000 to finish fifth at the Tyson Invitational.
Cross Country (Freshman):
· Ended the year with a strong performance at the NCAA Regional Championships by finishing sixth amongst Texas runners and 54th overall ... completed the 6K course in 22:44.
· Came in third for the Longhorns and 59th overall at the Big 12 Championship in 23:17.
· Finished ninth for Texas and 25th overall at the Texas State Invitational (three-mile) in 19:52.
· Eighth-fastest Longhorn at the Texas A&M Invitational completing the 5K course in 21:34.
· Registered a 6K time of 23:04 at the Chile Pepper Festival.
· Took fifth for Texas and 19th overall at the Islander Splash (5K) with a time of 19:17.
PRIOR TO TEXAS
· Junior Olympic participant who holds the Verona Area High School record in the 3200m.
· Two-time team captain in cross country and 2006 team captain in track and field and conference champion in track and field in the 3200m and the 4x800m relay in 2003-2004.
· Sectional champion in cross country in 2004, and placed eighth at the state meet.
· Graduated with high honors and was an active member in the National Honor Society.
Born March 21, 1988 in Madison, Wisc. ... father, Jim, played baseball for the University of Wisconsin (Madison) in the early 1970's ... mother, Kari Petterson, participated in cross-country and track for James Madison University from 1978 to 1981 ... uncle, Mike Petterson, also competed in cross-country and track for James Madison University in the early 1980's ... interested in majoring in psychology ... named to the Fall 2007 Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll.