| Allison Mendez
Career Performance as of 6/17/11
|Cross Country 5K
|Cross Country 6K
· Two-Time Academic All-Big 12
· USTFCCCA All-Academic Team
Claimed a victory and a personal best in the 1500 (4:43.28) at the M.J. Classic `Afternoon.'
Recorded a personal best and a 9th place finish in the 5000m with a time of 17:23.16 at the Voctor Lopez Classic.
Cross Country (Senior):
· Placed 44th in 21:46.78 at the 2010 Big 12 Championships
· Ran to a 38th place finish at the NCAA South Central Regional with a time of 21:38.1
· Earned a third place finish (17:35) at the 5K Ricardo Romo Invitational
· 2010 Academic All-Big 12
· Placed 12th and set a PR in the 5,000m at the Victor Lopez Bayou Classic with a time of 17:33.37.
· Posted a career best 4:45.39, finishing eighth in the 1,500m at the Michael Johnson Invite.
· Placed seventh and ran a personal best 35:18.38 in the 10,000m, the fastest 10K by a Longhorn since 2007, at Penn Relays.
· Finished in ninth place with a time of 35:56.54 in the 10,000m at Big 12 Outdoors.
· Clocked in at 36:03.33 in the 10,000m and placed 30th in NCAA Outdoor prelims.
· Ran a personal-best in the 3,000m at the Big 12/SEC/C-USA Challenge with a time of 9:58.80, finishing 6th.
Cross Country (Junior):
· Competed in all six events for the Longhorns while earning two individual titles and leading Texas to three team titles.
· Finished 18th at the NCAA South Central Regionals in the 6K, recording apersonal-best time of 21:36.8.
· Was Texas' third highest finisher at the ISU Pre-Nationals meet with a time of 21:57.8 for 83rd.
· Won her second individual title of the year at the Incarnate Word Invite ... crossed the line in 19:02.5.
· Claimed the first individual crown of her career with a first-place finish at the season-opening Texas State Invitational.
Cross Country (Sophomore):
· Competed in all six events for the Longhorns while collecting three top 30 finishes, including one top 10 effort.
· Placed 57th at the NCAA South Central Regionals finishing the 6K course in 22:48.
· Finished sixth for Texas and 53rd overall at the Big 12 Championship after clocking a 22:48.
· Recorded a personal-best 6K mark of 22:14 at the Chile Pepper Festival for a 60th.
· Posted a personal-best 5K mark (18:09) at the Greater Louisville Classic en route to her second top 25 finish of the season as she placed 25th overall and fourth for UT.
· Took 30th at the Texas A&M Invitational (18:30).
· In the season-opening Texas State Invitational, finished sixth for UT and eighth overall (18:23).
· Earned a personal-best mark in the mile at the Houston Indoor finishing sixth in 5:17.21.
· Also posted a personal-best mark in the 5,000-meter (18:17.07) at the Leonard Hilton Memorial for fourth place.
· Placed 11th in the 3,000m finishing in a personal-best time of 10:29.09.
Cross Country (Freshman):
· Gained valuable experience running in four of Texas' top-10 team finishes.
· Finished 52nd at the NCAA South Central Regional Championships, clocking a personal-best time of 22:44.9.
· Ran season-best 23:30.15 at the Big 12 Championship to finish 85th.
· Placed 27th overall at the Texas A&M Invitational running in 19:11.
· Clocked 23:43.2 at the Chile Pepper Festival to finish 131st.
PRIOR TO TEXAS
· Ran two seasons of varsity cross country and track and field at Rockwall High School ... served as team captain during her senior campaign ... coached by Toby Howell and Will McCrary.
· Boasts prep personal bests of 5:45 in the mile run and 11:56 in the two-mile run.
· Placed 19th in the two-mile (12:11) at the Region II Championships as a senior ... earned a spot at regionals after a fifth-place showing at the district championship.
· Helped RHS to district championships in 2005 and 2006.
· Selected "Most Improved Runner" as a junior and senior.
· Attended Austin Community College for one year before transferring to UT.
Full name is Allison Michelle Mendez ... born on Aug. 18, 1988 in Dallas, Texas ... daughter of Mike and Cyndi Mendez ... has an older sister, Leanne ... majoring in nursing/pre-med ... named to the Fall 2007 Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll.