| Chantel Malone
Tortola, British Virgin Island
Career Performance as of 6/17/11
CAREER BESTSOutdoor Long Jump 21-6.25 (6.56m) Outdoor Triple Jump 43-5.25 (13.24m) Outdoor 200m 24.01 Outdoor 400m 52.35 Indoor Long Jump 21-10 (6.65m) Indoor Triple Jump 44-3 (13.18m) Indoor 60m 6.76 Indoor 400m 54.27 Updated: 2/9/11
· 2009 National Champion (outdoor 4x400m relay)
· Three-time All-American
· Two-time Big 12 Champion (outdoor & indoor Long Jump)
· 12-time All-Big 12
· 2009 & 2010 USTFCCCA All-Academic
· 2009 Academic All-Big 12 First Team
Ran the lead off leg of the All-American 4x100m relay that claimed 5th place at the NCAA Championships with a time of 44.06
Posted a personal best of 43-6.5 (13.27m) in the triple jump at the NCAA Championships and finished 6th
Notched a 5th place finish in the long jump at the NCAA Championships with a season best jump of 21-3.5 (6.49m)
Claimed a 2nd place finish in the triple jump at the Big 12 Championships with a jump of 44-5.25 (13.54m)w
Anchored the fastest Texas 4x400m relay at Penn Relays that finished 1st with a time of 3:30.08.
Took third in the triple jump (44-1.50/13.45m) and fifth in the long jump (20-9.25/6.33m) at the NCAA Indoor Championships
Recorded a mark of 42-10.25 (13.06m) to place third at the Big 12 Championships
Placed second in the long jump at the Big 12 Championships with a mark of 20-10
Finished second in the triple jump with a mark of 43-5.75 (13.25m)
Placed first in both long jump (21-10, 6.65m) and triple jump (43-3, 13.18m) at the Razorback Invite
Recorded a mark of 20-6.25 (6.25m) for third place at the Leonard Hilton Invitational
· 2010 USTFCCCA Division 1 All-Academic team.
· Placed eighth in 400m at 2010 IAAF World Junior Track and Field Championships.
· Garnered All-Big 12 honors after winning the Big 12 Outdoor long jump with a mark of 21-0.5 (6.41m), becoming only the fifth athlete in Big 12 history to sweep both indoor and outdoor long jump crowns.
· All-Big 12 in triple jump following highest career finish at Big 12 Outdoors, taking third with a jump of 42-2.75 (12.87m).
· Named to ESPN The Magazine Women's Track and Field Academic All-District 5 - Second Team.
· Took ninth and recorded a season-high 23.69 in the 200m at the Texas Invite.
· Finished in 55.35 in the 400m at Big 12 Outdoors.
· Posted a career-best 21-6.25 (6.56m) in the long jump, taking first place in NCAA Outdoor prelims.
· Took 13th (20-2.5, 6.16m) in the long jump at NCAA Outdoors.
· Recorded a mark of 42-10.25 (13.06m) and placed ninth in triple jump at NCAA Outdoors.
· Finished first and ran a personal-best in the 400m at the Big 12/SEC/C-USA Challenge with a time of 54.27.
· Won the Big 12 Championship while setting the meet record in the long jump with a personal-best jump of 21-4.25 (6.51m).
· Posted a 21-0 (6.40m) jump in the long jump at the NCAA Championships to finish seventh.
· Placed fourth in the triple jump and met the NCAA provisional mark at the Big 12 Championships with a mark of 42-4.25 (12.91m).
· Ran the third leg in the 4x400m relay at the Big 12 Indoor Championships that placed third with a time of 3:39.31.
· Earned All-American honors running the third leg in the 4x400m relay at the NCAA Indoor Championships that placed seventh with a time of 3:34.48.
· Ran the anchor leg in the 4x400m relay in a split of 52.13 to lead the Longhorns to their first NCAA 4x400m relay title since 2005 ... earned the first All-America honor of her career.
· Finished third in the long jump at the NCAA Midwest regionals with a personal-best leap of 20-10.75 (6.37m) to advance to the national meet.
· Added two more All-Big 12 honors to her resume at the Big 12 Outdoor Championships with a fourth-place finish in the triple jump (42-3.75, 12.88m) and a fifth-place showing in the long jump (20-6.25, 6.25m).
· Claimed first in the long jump at the Drake Relays with a leap of 20-0.5 (6.11m).
· Set personal bests in the long jump and triple jump at the Texas Relays ... recorded marks of 20-9.25 (6.33m) in the long jump and 43-5.25 (13.24m) in the triple for third and fourth, respectively.
· Posted two third-place finishes in the 400m ... ran a personal-best and NCAA RQ mark of 53.46 at the Texas Invite and clocked a 54.05 at the Texas Twilight.
· Opened the season with a personal-best time of 24.01 in the 200m at the Black & Gold Challenge for third place.
· Placed second in the long jump (20-7, 6.27m) and fourth in the triple jump (42-2.75, 12.87m) at the Big 12 Indoor Championships for her fourth and fifth career All-Big 12 honors.
· Notched a personal-best long jump of 20-7.75 (6.29m) for first place at the Texas A&M Invitational ... also finished third in the triple jump (41-10.5, 12.76m) at the A&M meet.
· Posted two third-place finishes in the long jump (19-6, 5.94m) and triple jump (41-7.25, 12.68m) during the Big 12 vs. SEC competition.
· Won the Leonard Hilton Memorial long jump with a mark of 19-4.75 (5.91m).
· Registered a long jump of 19-7 (5.97m) for second place at the Iowa State Last Chance meet.
· Earned seventh place at her first Big 12 Championships with a 12.84m mark in the triple jump.
· Finished first in the 400m at the Texas A&M-Kingsville meet in a season-best time of 55.63 ... also placed third in the 200m (25.71).
· Posted a second-place finish in the 400m at the Texas Invitational clocking a 56.56 ... took 12th in the 200m in a season-best time of 25.54.
· Recorded a 5.82m mark in the long jump at the Texas Relays for seventh place.
· Placed second in the long jump (5.78m) at the Texas Twilight.
· Took first in the triple jump at the Rice Bayou Classic (12.45m) and the Texas Twilight (12.38m).
· Posted personal-best marks in the triple jump (42-6.75, 12.97m) and long jump (19-1.5, 5.83m) at the Big 12 Indoor Championship placing third and seventh, respectively.
· Finished first in the triple jump at the LSU Last Chance meet with a mark of 42-3.5 (12.89m).
· Recorded two top five finishes at the Illinois Quad ... came in first in the triple jump (40-4.75, 12.31m) and tied for fourth in the long jump (18-0.25, 5.49m).
· Placed second in the triple jump at the Houston Invite (40-3.25, 12.27m) ... also finished 15th in the long jump (17-7, 5.36m).
PRIOR TO TEXAS
· Competed on the British Virgin Islands (BVI) National Track and Field Team ... most successful youth athlete winning seven medals over a three-year span ... became the first female U17 gold Caribbean Free Trade Association (CARIFTA) Games medalist from the British Virgin Islands.
· Totaled one gold, three silver and three bronze medals in the three years of competition at the CARIFTA meets (under-17 division) ... captured the 2007 triple jump with a distance of 40-4 (12.29m) after finishing second in 2006 (38-0/11.58m) and third in 2005 (36-4.75/11.09m) ... earned two silver medals in the long jump with marks of 18-2 (5.54m) in 2007 and 18-5.25 (5.62m) in 2006 ... finished third in the long jump in 2005 with a performance of 17-2.75 (5.25m) ... in 2006, set the BVI junior national record in the 400-meter dash (55.70) in earning the bronze medal.
· Also qualified for the CARIFTA meet in the high jump in 2004 ... cleared a lifetime best of 5-3 (1.60m) to meet the entry requirements but did not medal at the championship competition.
· Four-time Elmore Stoutt High School Athlete of the Year ... graduated in 2007 at the age of 16 after earning three letters in track and field and three athlete of the year honors under coach Winston Potter.
· Named the 2007 Most Outstanding Athlete in graduating class at Elmore Stoutt High School.
· Set two BVI national records in winning the long and high jumps at the 2007 Atlanta Dekalb Prep Classic ... improved her personal best and national leader mark in the triple jump (41-0.5, 12.51m) and the long jump (18-11.75, 5.79m).
· Also etched her name in the BVI relay national record books ... ran a leg of the two fastest relays in BVI history ... ran the third leg of the 4x100-meter relay (46.69) that set the national, national junior and national youth records in 2007 ... also helped the 2006 4x400-meter relay quartet (3:49.68) set the national, junior national and youth national records ... the 1,600-meter relay recorded the time a the Central American and Caribbean Junior Championships.
· Established a 200-meter personal best of 25.48 at the 2007 St. Thomas Islands Martin Luther King Classic.
· Competed for the Top Notch track and field club team.
· An academic standout at ESHS as she was ranked fourth out of 212 students in her graduating class.
Full name is Chantel Ellen Malone ... born on Dec. 2, 1991 in Puerto Rico... is from Road Town, Tortola in the British Virgin Islands ... daughter of Keith and Anna-Bell Skelton Malone ... intended major is pre-med ... father played basketball at C.W. Post campus of Long Island University in New York.