| Betzy Jimenez
Performance List as of 6/17/11
|Cross Country 5K
|Cross Country 6K
· Three-time Track and Field All-Big 12
· 2008 and 2009 NCAA All-South Central Region (XC)
· 2008 Cross Country All-Big 12 First Team
· NCAA All-South Central Region
· 2008 Cross Country All-Big 12 First Team
Outdoor (Redshirt Senior):
Qualified for the NCAA Championships in the 1500m with her 11th place finish at the West Regional meet.
Notched a 4th place finish at the Big 12 Championships with a time of 4:22.93.
Won the 1500 at the M.J. Classic and ran a 4:25.10.
Opened with a 2:11.75 in the 800m at the Black and Gold Challenge.
Indoor (Redshirt Senior):
Recorded a time of 9:30.98 in the 3000m at the Big 12 Championships
Finished tenth in the 3,000m with a time of 9:20.26 at the Husky Classic
Placed second in the 3,000m with a time of 9:29.08 at the Razorback Invite
Earned a first place finish in the Mile at the Leonard Hilton Invitational with a time of 4:47.40
· Garnered All-Big 12 honors for a third place finish in the 1,500m (4:23.60) as well as a second place finish in the 5,000m (17:10.95) at the Big 12 Outdoor Championships.
· Placed first in the 1,500m at both the USC Trojan Invite and Texas Relays with times of 4:27.83 and 4:23.50, respectively.
· Set a PR in the 5,000m at the Payton Jordan Invite with a time of 16:14.89, finishing in ninth.
· Finished 22nd with a time of 17:11.29 in the 5,000m in NCAA Outdoor prelims.
· Finished second in the mile at the Big 12/SEC/C-USA Challenge while running a personal-best time of 4:44.95.
· Earned All-Big 12 honors in the mile with a seventh place finish at the Big 12 Championships finishing in 4:45.04.
· Placed first in the Texas A&M Dual Meet in the 800m with a personal-best time of 2:13.58.
· Set a meet record while running a personal-best 2:49.49 in the 1,000m, earning a first-palce finish at the Texas A&M Invitational.
· Finished second in the 3,000m at the Big 12/Pac-10/SEC meet running a personal-best time of 9:18.03.
· Placed 14th in the 3,000m at the NCAA Indoor Championships with a time of 9:21.18.
· Ran a personal-best, finished first and set a meet record in the 5,000m at the Texas A&M Dual meet with a time of 16:55.56.
Cross Country (Senior):
· Competed in her first NCAA Cross Country Championships, clocking a 21:02.9 for 62nd place.
· Became UT's first individual qualifier for the NCAA Cross Country Championships after finishing second overall at the NCAA South Central Regional ... ran a 6K personal-best time of 20:54.5 to earn the spot in the national meet.
· Was UT's top finisher in three of the four meets she competed in.
· Led the Horns with a 19th place effort at the Big 12 Championships, where she crossed the line in22:17.64.
· Finished the ISU Pre-Nationals 6K in 21:11.1 for 21st place.
· Opened the season with a fourth-place effort at the Islander Splash (17:10.9).
· Redshirted the 2009 outdoor season.
· Redshirted the 2009 indoor season.
Cross Country (Junior:)
· Posted UT's top finish in each of the four races she competed in.
· Led the Longhorns to a fifth place finish at the NCAA South Central Regional Championship, finishing the 6,000 meter course 13th overall and first for Texas in a career -best time of 21:08.
· Earned All-Big 12 First Team honors at the Big 12 Championships with a 10th place finish ... clocked in at 21:27.10 for first career All-Conference accolade.
· Finished the 6K at the Chile Pepper Festival in a then-personal best time of 20:58 for 13th place.
· Tallied UT's four top finishes in the 1,500, all NCAA Regional marks.
· Posted a fourth-place finish at the Texas Relays (4/2) in the 800, clocking in at 2:10.31.
· Notched a personal best of 4:21.28 in the 1,500 meters at the NCAA Midwest Regionals (5/31) for sixth place.
· Placed first in the 1,500 at the Texas Twilight meet (4/19) with a NCAA Regional mark of 4:25.64.
· Led the Longhorns at the Big 12 Championship, recording a third place finish in the 1,500 with her time of 4:31.20.
· Set personal bests in the mile and 3,000 at the Tyson Invitational (2/16) ... placed first in the 3,000 (9:49.45) and fifth in the mile (4:46.45).
· Placed fifth in the mile at the Big 12 Indoor Championships (3/1) with an NCAA provisional mark of 4:47.55.
· Won the mile at the Illinois Quad (1/19), clocking in at 4:45.85 ... also won the 3,000 meter run in 9:53.26.
Cross Country (Sophomore):
· All-NCAA South Central Region selection in her second full season of competition ... ran a season-best time of 21:23.5 at the NCAA South Central Regional Championship, finishing the 6,000-meter course 15th overall and first for Texas.
· Led the Longhorns at the Big 12 Championship with a 19th-place performance, clocking 21:36.60.
· Won the individual three-mile race at the Texas State Invitational in 17:49.15, becoming the only runner to finish the race in less than 18 minutes ... led the team to the its third consecutive win of the season.
· Crossed the line second for UT and 13th overall in 18:30 at the Texas A&M Invitational.
· Captured the individual championship in 17:33 at the Islander Splash.
· Top UT finisher at the Chile Pepper Festival, running in 21:31.8 for 17th-place overall.
· Finished fourth in 4:30.64 in the 1,500 at the Big 12 Championship ... also competed in the 5000, placing 18th in 19:01.6.
· Won the 3,000-meter run in a season-best 9:59.18 at the Texas Invitational.
· Medaled in the 1,500 at the Texas Relays ... clocked 4:29.13 for third place.
· Ran a season-best 2:13.45 in the 800-meter dash for second-place at UNLV Invitational.
· Scored in her first conference championship ... ran a season-best 4:52.51 in the mile for seventh-place.
· Won the 3000-meter run in 9:50.99 at the Houston Indoor Invitational ... added a fifth-place p performance in the 800 in 2:15.32.
· Took first place in the mile at the Leonard Hilton Memorial in 4:56.22.
· Registered a season-best performance of 4:54.96 in the mile taking seventh at the Tyson Invitational.
Cross Country (Freshman):
· One of the top runners in the varsity lineup as a freshman.
· Was 55th overall and second for Texas at the NCAA South Central Regional Championship with a time of 21:55.
· Fourth-fastest UT runner to cross the line at the Big 12 Championship, clocking 23:28.
· Finished in fourth place overall at her first collegiate meet - the Texas State Invitational (18:28).
· Followed that performance with a 17th-place finish in the Texas A&M Invitational, running the 5K course in 19:20.
· Second among UT runners and 65th overall at the Chile Pepper Festival (22:07) ... placed 16th at the Islander Splash in 19:04.
PRIOR TO TEXAS
· Helped Hereford High School to a state championship in cross country in 2006 under coach Ray Baca.
· Named Texas Panhandle Female Athlete of the Year for the 2005-2006 school year.
· District 4A 1,600m (4:54) and 3,200m (10:37) state record holder and won state titles in the 1,600m and the 3,200m in 2006.
· Named to the Texas All-State cross country team during her junior and senior years and was also part of the Texas All-State track and field team during her final three years.
· Ran the second fastest time in area history in the 1,600m at the Texas Relays in her senior year.
· Texas Girls Coaches Association (TGCA) cross-country and track and field all-star.
· Participated on the volleyball team.
· Graduated in the top five percent of her class and member of the National Honor Society and student council.
Born Oct. 7, 1987, in Mexico ... youngest of four children ... majoring in biology... three-time Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll selection (Fall 2006 and Fall and Spring 2007) ... recipient of the 2006-07 Christine M. Bonci Sports Medicine Support Endowment from UT Women's Athletics.