| Jordyn Brown
Career Performance List as of 6/1/10
|Outdoor Shot Put
|Indoor Shot Put
|Indoor Weight Throw
In the Record Books:
Third all-time in the outdoor shot put (54-10.75, 16.73), fourth all-time in the indoor shot put (55-3.5, 16.85m), fourth all-time in the discus (165-8, 50.50m).
·Posted NCAA provisional marks in the shot put at five meets.
·Notched a fourth place finish in the shot put at the Big 12 Indoors with a throw of 51-5 (15.67m).
·At the Big 12 Indoors, placed 13th after a weight throw of 55-7.50 (16.95m).
·Earned a first place finish at the Big 12/SEC/C-USA meet with a shot put throw of 50-10 (15.49m).
·Medaled for second in both the shot put and the weight throw at the Big 12/Pac-10/SEC meet... threw a 53-2.25 (16.21m) shot put and a 58-1.75 (17.72m) weight throw.
·Took first in the shot at the Texas A&M Duel after throwing a 52-7.5 (16.04m), also finished first in the weight throw with a mark of (18.43m).
·Posted a first place finish in the weight throw at the Leonard Hilton Memorial after recording a mark of 57-4.75 (17.49m), also took first in the shot put (50-8, 15. 44m).
· Finished eleventh at the USATF Junior and Senior Outdoor Track and Field Championships with a mark of 53-8.25 (16.36m).
· Threw for 50-1.75 (15.28m) at NCAA Outdoors.
· Won the NCAA Midwest Regional shot put title on her fifth and final throw with a season-best toss of 54-4.75 (16.58m).
· Regionally qualified in each shot put event she competed in leading up to the NCAA regional meet.
· Posted a third-place finish in the shot put at the 2009 Big 12 Outdoor Championships with a throw of 53-5 (16.38m) for her sixth All-Big 12 honor ... also placed 10th in the hammer with a mark of 166-6 (50.75m).
· Came in first in the hammer throw at the Texas Invite after recording a mark of 161-9 (49.31m).
· Threw for 50-5.5 (15.38m) at the Drake Relays for a fourth-place finish.
· Recorded her third-best put of the year with a mark of 52-5.25 (15.85m) at Texas Twilight.
· Set an outdoor season-best in the first meet of the year with a throw of 54-2 (16.51m) at the Black & Gold Challenge.
· Finished in the top 10 in every throwing event throughout the season.
· Earned the first All-America honor of her career after recording a personal-best toss of 55-3.5 (16.85m) in the shot put for fourth place at the NCAA Indoor Championships ... entered the meet ranked 10th on the national descending list ... garnered the first All-America honor of her career.
· Notched two top-four finishes at the Big 12 Indoor Championships in the shot put (second, 16.41m) and weight throw (fourth, 18.20m) ... picked up her fourth and fifth All-Big 12 honors.
· Placed third at the Texas A&M Invitational in the shot put with a mark of 51-7.75 (15.74m) ... also recorded a weight throw of 55-10.50 (17.03m) for sixth place.
· Threw a personal best 60-10.75 (18.56m) in the weight throw for second place at the Big 12 vs. SEC competition ... also placed second in the shot put with a toss of 52-8.75 (16.07m).
· Took first place during the Leonard Hilton Memorial in the shot put with a throw of 52-8.75 (16.07m) ... also finished second in the weight throw after registering a mark of 57-6.25 (17.53m).
· Placed third at the NCAA Midwest Regionals (5/31) with a 16.38m throw in the shot put.
· Earned three top 10 finishes at the Big 12 Championships (5/16) in the shot put (second, 16.73m), discus (fifth, 50.50m) and hammer throw (10th, 52.55m).
· Recorded two first-place finishes in the shot put at the Rice Bayou Classic (16.54m) and the Texas Twilight Invitational (16.14m) ... also placed first in the hammer throw (51.86m) and discus (45.99m) at the Texas Twilight.
· Notched a second place effort at the Rice Twilight with a 16.20m throw in the shot put.
· Posted a personal best mark of 53-6.5 (16.32m) in the shot put at the Big 12 Indoor Championships (3/1) for a fourth-place finish...also threw a career best 53-11.25 (16.44m) in the weight throw for 13th place.
· Took first in the shot put at the LSU Last Chance and Houston Indoor meets with throws of 52-5.25 (15.98m) and 47-9.75 (14.57m) respectively.
· NCAA regional qualifier in the shot put ... finished her first season for Texas with a 16th-place throw (14.31m) at the NCAA Midwest Region Championships.
· Nailed a season-best and regional qualifying mark of (14.71 meters) in a third-place performance at the Texas Twilight.
· Posted two top-12 finishes at the Big 12 Championships... met the NCAA regional mark and placed 12th in the shot put with a mark of (14.45 meters) ... finished 10th in the hammer with a throw of (48.02 meters).
· Took third in the shot put at the Texas Invitational (14.44 meters).
· Won her first outdoor collegiate competition ... captured the shot put title at the UNLV Invitational with a toss of (14.36 meters) ... added a third-place finish in the discus (37.50 meters).
· Threw a season-best (39.90 meters) in finishing seventh at the Texas Twilight ... grabbed second-place in the hammer tossing (47.75 meters).
· Competed in the shot put in four meets for Texas.
· Tossed a season-best of 45-9 (13.94 meters) for fifth at the Houston Indoor Invitational.
· Took ninth at the Leonard Hilton Memorial throwing 39-10 (12.14 meters).
· Placed in the top 15 with a 43-1 (13.13 meters) mark at the Tyson Invitational.
· Finished 16th overall in the shot put throwing 42-5.25 (12.93 meters) at the Big 12 Championship
PRIOR TO TEXAS
· 2006 Dallas Morning News All-Area Track and Field Selection as a senior at Mesquite High School.
· Finished second in the shot put at the 2006 Texas UIL Class 5A State Championships ... tossed the four-kilogram high school implement, 43-6.5 ... advanced to the state championship after finishing first at the region meet.
· Participated in cheerleading and won two world championships with Cheer Athletics.
Daughter of Henry and Joy Brown ... born on August 22, 1988 ... has two sisters, Kim and LaKisha ... majoring in rhetoric and writing ... named to the Fall 2007 Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll.