| Chauntae Bayne
· Eight-time All-American
· Big 12 Champion (400-meter)
· Seven-time All-Big 12
Indoor 60-meter (7.21), Indoor 200-meter (22.77), Outdoor 100-meter (11.15), Outdoor 200-meter (22.87), Outdoor 400-meter (52.35).
In the Record Books:
Seventh all-time in the Indoor 60-meter (7.31), seventh all-time in the Outdoor 100-meter (11.24).
Joined Anderson in anchoring the sprints and relays... tied for the team lead with six All-American honors during the 2007 season... top quarter-miler (400-meter dash) on the Texas roster... transferred into the program in July of 2006 after earning two All-America honors during her record-setting career at Stanford... will use final season of outdoor eligibility.
· Garnered four All-America honors at the NCAA Outdoor Championships... finished eighth in the 100 in 11.46 seconds after running a season-best 11.24 in the semifinals... anchored the fifth-place 4x400-meter relay (3:31.06) for the first time all season... earned additional honors with a 13th-place finish in the 200 (as one of the top eight Americans in the final) and as a leg of the 4x100-meter relay that advanced from the semifinals.
· Won her first Big 12 400 Championship with a season-best 52.71... added additional honors with a fourth-place, 23.12-second outing in the 200.
· Finished third in the region in the 100 (11.28) and fourth at the NCAA Midwest meet in the 200 (22.95).
· Named Big 12 Track and Field Athlete of the Week after her Texas Relays performance... equaled the second-fastest time in the nation in the 100 preliminary race (11.29)... helped Texas win the 4x100-meter relay... grabbed the baton with a three-meter lead and held off one of the NCAA leaders for the 400-meter relay championship.
· Captured second in the 200 meter dash with provisional time of 23.22 at Texas Twilight.
· Qualified in the 100 for the NCAA Midwest Region Championship with an 11.29-second performance at the Texas Relays.
· Opened the season with an NCAA regional qualifying time of 23.74 in a second-place performance at the UNLV Invitational.
· Won the 400 and met the NCAA regional qualifying mark with a 54.61-second outing at the Texas Invitational.
· Earned two All-American honors at the 2007 NCAA Indoor Championships... finished sixth in the 60 (7.33) and anchored the 1,600-meter relay (3:36.02) to an eighth-place showing.
· Met the NCAA provisional qualifying time with a 7.33-performance at the Tyson Invitational.
· Garnered the first All-Big 12 honors of her career... finished third in the 60 (7.35) and fourth in the 200 (23.75) at the conference championship... contributed to the runner-up Longhorns' relay that ran a provisional qualifying time of 3:36.24.
· One of three Longhorns invited to the prestigious Millrose Games... finished second in the 60 (7.36).
· Opened the season with a third-place performance (7.51) in the 60 at the Leonard Hilton Memorial... finished second in the 200 with a time of 24.67.
· Registered a season-best and provisional qualifying time of 23.74 in the 200 at the Tyson Invitational... second leg of the second-place, 4x400-meter relay (3:38.22).
· Lowered her indoor personal best time to 53.95 in the 400 at the Arkansas Last Chance meet.
PRIOR TO TEXAS
· Competed at Stanford from 2003-05.
· Earned All-American honors after finishing third with a time of 22.77 in the 200m at the 2006 NCAA Indoor National Championships... added a second honor to that, with an eighth-place finish in the 60m (7.32).
· During the 2006 indoor season, set the school records in the 60-meter dash (7.21) and the 200-meter dash (22.77)... added three more school records during the outdoor season.
· Ran an all-time Stanford-best 11.15 in the 100 and 22.78 in the 200 at the 2006 NCAA West Regional and a Cardinal school-best in the quarter-mile of 52.35 at the 2006 PAC-10 Championships.
· Earned an automatic bid to the 2003 national meet with her fourth-place performance in the 100m, running 11.81 at the 2003 NCAA West Region Championships.
· Won the 2006 PAC-10 400m Championship and set the Stanford school record with a time of 52.35.
· Ran the second leg on the Pac-10 Champion 1,600 meter relay team (3:35.10) and ran the second leg on the 4x100m relay team, which raced to a 44.32 mark, second on Stanford's all-time list.
· Seven-time U.S. Junior Olympic champion from Boswell High School... coached by William Smith.
· Participated in the USATF National Championship in 1999... placed sixth in the 100 with a time of 11.43.
· Three-time Class 4A State Champion - twice in the 100 (1999 and 2000) and an additional time in the 200 (1999) and four-time all-state performer in track & field.
· Finished in second place in the 100m at the 2001 and 2002 Texas Relays' meets.
· Runner-up in the 200m at the 2000 Golden West Invitational.
Full name is Chauntae Michelle Bayne... born on April 4, 1984 to Lorjust and Etha Bayne in Palestine, Texas ... father was an Olympic Trials participant... her younger brother is De'shun Bayne, competed for the Texas men's track and field team from 2004-06... also has an older brother, Quentin Williams ... studied architecture and civil engineering at Stanford... urban studies major at Texas... recipient of the 2006-07 Patricia Ruth Cole Endowment for Excellence in UT Women's Athletics Scholarship.