| Alexandria Anderson
Career Performance List (Updated 6/10/09)
|Outdoor Long Jump
|Indoor Long Jump
In the Record Books:
Third all-time in the indoor 60-meter (7.17), fourth all-time in the indoor 200-meter (22.89), second all-time in the outdoor 100-meter (11.02), sixth all-time in the outdoor 200-meter (22.67).
· NCAA Champion (4x100-meter relay)
· 17-time All-American
· Three-time Big 12 Champion (Indoor 60-meter dash, 4x100-meter relay, Outdoor 100-meter dash)
· 19-time All-Big 12
· Finished in the top five in every sprinting event she ran throughout the 2009 indoor season
· Collected three All-America honors at the 2009 NCAA Indoor meet ...placed second in the 60-meter dash at the NCAA Indoors with a time of 7.24 ... added a fourth-place finish in the 200m with a season-best time of 23.11...posted the top 60m prelim time and the tied the fourth-fastest mark in UT history with a season-best 7.19 ... was also part of the 4x400 relay that finished sixth (3:36.71).
· Clocked a 7.31 60m for second place at the Big 12 Indoors ... also ran a 23.23 for third place in the 200m
· Took second place at the Texas A&M Invitational in the 60m with her time of 23.42 ... ran a 23.42 in the 200m for a third-place finish
· Won the 60m at the Big 12 vs. SEC competition with a time of 7.33
· Notched a win at the Leonard Hilton Memorial with a first-place time of 7.39 in the 60m
· Posted UT's top five times of the season in the 100 and 200 meter events...finished in the top five in every event she competed in.
· Earned two All-American honors at the 2008 NCAA Outdoor Championships for the second-straight season...placed sixth in the 100-meters clocking in at 11.44 and finished seventh in the 200 with a time of 23.35.
· Advanced to the NCAA Championships after finishing second in the 100 (11.31) and fourth in the 200 (22.99) at the Midwest Regional Championships.
· Ran the fastest 100-meter time of her career at the Texas Relays (4/5)...clocked in at 11.10, easily passing the NCAA Regional qualifying mark of 11.75.
· Placed second at the Big 12 Championships (5/16) in the 100 meters (11.11) after finishing first in the prelims...also placed fifth in the 200 meters in a season-best time of 22.75.
· Registered a second place finish at the Penn Relays (4/26) crossing the line in 11.90.
· Placed in the top five in every sprinting event during the 2008 Indoor season.
· Earned three All-America honors at the NCAA Outdoor Track and Field Championships (3/15)...ran a personal-best 7.17 in the 60-meter dash for second place...finished third in the 200-meter dash in 22.81...also ran the first leg of the 4x400-meter relay team that placed fourth (3:33.69).
· Finished in the top five of three events at the Big 12 Indoor Championships (2/29-3/1)...placed fourth in the 60-meter dash with a time of 7.27...clocked 23.09 for a fourth place finish in the 200...finished second in the long jump with a 19-9 (6.02m) mark.
· Posted a second-place finish in the 200-meter dash at the Tyson Invitational (2/16), clocking in at 23.36...also added a fourth-place effort in the 60-meter dash (7.30).
· Earned three first places finishes at the Illinois Quad (1/19)...clocked in at 7.38 in the 60-meter dash...finished the 200-meter dash in 23.85...recorded a personal-best mark of 19-10.75 (6.06m) in the long jump.
USA Track and Field (Sophomore):
· Advanced to the semifinals of the 100-meter dash at the U.S. Senior National Championship... ran a season-best 11.11w seconds in the first round before clocking 11.44 in the semifinals.
· Finished in the top eight of all four events she competed in at the 2007 NCAA Outdoor Track and Field Championships... ran 11.42 for a sixth-place finish in the 100 after posting a then-season-best 11.20 in the
first round... clocked 23.23 in the 200-meter dash for a seventh-place finish... also helped both All-American relays... anchored the 4x100-meter relay that earned All-America honors as one of eight teams advancing to the finals... ran the opening leg of the fifth-place 4x400-meter relay.
· Advanced to the NCAA Championships after finishing fifth in the 100 (11.29) and the 200 (23.23) at the Midwest Region Championships.
· Ran the second leg of UT's fastest 4x100-meter relay of the season... quartet clocked 43.50 for second-place at the NCAA Midwest Region Championship en route to earning one of three automatic bids to the NCAA Championship... added a second runner-up finish at the regional meet, clocking 3:33.33 as the second leg in the 4x400-meter relay.
· Finished second in four events at the Big 12 Championships... posted a then-season best 11.21 in the 100... chipped in an additional runner-up performance in the 200 behind a season-best 22.67 outing... also garnered All-Big 12 honors with runner-up performances in the 4x100 and 4x400.
· Registered her first sub-23 second race in winning the 200 (22.95) at the Texas Invitational.
· Competed twice in the 400 to start the season... posted a 53.67 in a win at the UNLV Invitational and clocked 52.88 for second at the Texas Twilight.
· Took fifth-place in the long jump behind a mark of 19-0.75 (5.81m).
· 2006-07 Track and Field Team Outdoor MVP.
· Took home two All-America honors at the NCAA Indoor Championships... finished fifth in the 60 in 7.32 seconds and ran leadoff leg for eighth-place 4x400-meter relay (3:36.02)... finished 11th overall in the preliminary race behind a season-best 23.35 outing.
· Captured her first Big 12 Indoor Championship, running 7.30 in winning the 60-meter dash... met the NCAA automatic standard in the preliminary race with a season-best 7.25 seconds to lead all advancers... added a a third-place finish in the 200 (23.63)... picked up additional All-Big 12 honors with a sixth-place showing in the long jump (5.88-meters) and second-place in the 1,600-meter relay (3:36.24).
· Started the season with a provisional time of 7.38 in winning the 60-meter dash at the Leonard Hilton Memorial.
· At the prestigious Millrose Games, clocked 7.42 in the 60 for third-place.
· Sprinted the final leg of the 4x400-meter relay that met the NCAA provisional qualifying standard with a 3:38.22 at the Tyson Invitational... added a seventh-place finish in the 60 (7.43) at the Tyson Invitational... also jumped a season-best 19-7.5 (5.98 meters) in the long jump placing eighth at the meet.
USA Track and Field (Freshman):
· Gold medalist at the 2006 IAAF World Junior Championship as a member of the U.S. 4x100m relay.
· Ran the second segment of the 400m relay that finished first in 43.49.
· Earned a spot on the U.S. Junior National team after winning the 100m at the USA Junior Championships... clocked a then-lifetime best 11.12 to win the 100m at the USA Junior Championships.
· Reached the 200m semifinals at the USA Championships.
· Ran second leg of UT's NCAA champion 4x100m relay (42.84)... earned individual honors with a seventh-place effort in the 100m (11.59) at the NCAA Championships.
· Took first in the 4x100m relay (43.17), second in the 100m (11.10w), 4th in the 200m (23.14w) and 12th in the long jump (19-9) at the NCAA Midwest Regional Championships.
· Second in the 100m (11.24) and the 200m (23.16) and added a sixth-place finish in the long jump (20-3.50) at the Big 12 Championships... also ran the second leg of UT's first-place 4x100m relay (43.43).
· Ran second leg of UT's first-place 4x100m relay at the Texas Relays (42.84) and the Penn Relays (43.00).
· As the second leg of UT's 4x400m relay, placed sixth at the Texas Relays (3:32.57).
· Helped UT to fifth-place finish at the Penn Relays while running the opening leg of the 4x400m relay.
· Took eighth in the 100m (11.43) at the Texas Relays and placed second in the 200m (23.71) at the Texas Twilight.
· Ran the second leg on the 4x400m relay team which finished third in the fourth fastest time in UT history (3:30.76b) at the NCAA Championships.
· Took 15th in the 60m (7.34) at the NCAA Championships and also participated in the 200m but was disqualified due to a lane violation.
· Earned All-Big 12 Conference honors with a third-place finish in the 60m (7.34) at the league championships.
· Ran second leg of UT's runner-up 4x400m relay (3:37.01b) and took seventh in the long jump (19-2/5.84m) at the Big 12 Championships.
Prior To Texas
· Widely considered the top freshman sprinter in the country.
· 2005 Track and Field News All-American in the 100m, 200m and long jump events.
· Helped the U.S. Junior National Team to a gold medal and world record in the 4x400m relay at the 2004 IAAF World Junior Championships in Grosseto, Italy.
· Also an all-state volleyball player at Morgan Park H.S.
Full name is Alexandria Marie Anderson... daughter of Alonzo and Cynthia Anderson... born on January 28, 1987... majoring in corporate communication... recipient of the 2006-07 UT Women's Athletics Barbara Jordan Endowed Scholarship.