May 22, 2011
- Houston wins the NCAA Austin Regional and advances to next week's NCAA Super Regional. The Cougars will face Oklahoma State, the winner of the NCAA Knoxville Regional, in Stillwater, Okla.
- Louisiana-Lafayette concluded its season with an overall record of 51-11.
- The official attendance for today's session is 1,061.
- The three-day attendance total for the NCAA Austin Regional is 3,569.
- Houston advances to the NCAA Super Regional for the second time in school history (2008).
- Houston improved to 9-4 all-time in NCAA Regional play (fourth NCAA Regional appearance).
- Seven of Houston's nine position players recorded at least one base hit on the afternoon.
- Haley Outon recorded her fourth and fifth home runs of the season. This marked the first multi-HR game of her collegiate career.
- Outon had a solo shot in the second inning and added a two-run shot in the sixth inning.
- Amanda Crabtree recorded her 21st complete game of the season.
- Melissa Gregson went 2-for-4 with an RBI and a run scored.
- Louisiana-Lafayette fell to 44-31 all-time in NCAA Regional play (21st NCAA Regional appearance).
- ULL left eight runners on base on the afternoon.
- Ashley Brignac recorded her third complete game of the Austin Regional (in four appearances) and 27th of the season.
- Nerissa Myers recorded her 10th double of the season in the first inning.
- Myers and Natalie Fernandez both recorded two hits on the afternoon.