May 21, 2011
- Louisiana-Lafayette advances to Sunday's regional championship game at 1 p.m. Central against Houston.
- Louisiana-Lafayette would need to defeat Houston twice on Sunday to advance to next week's NCAA Super Regional. Houston needs just one win on Sunday to advance to the NCAA Super Regional.
- Texas concluded its season with an overall record of 46-10.
- The official attendance for today's session (Games 3-5) is 1,196.
- Louisiana-Lafayette improved to 44-30 all-time in NCAA Regional play (21st NCAA Regional appearance).
- All eight hits by the Ragin' Cajuns were singles.
- Ashley Brignac recorded her 26th complete game of the season.
- Brignac tossed 128 pitches in the win against Texas. She worked the final 3.2 innings and threw 55 pitches in Louisiana-Lafayette's afternoon victory against Texas State that immediately proceeded the nightcap.
- Christi Orgeron went 3-for-4 with two RBI.
- Natalie Fernandez went 3-for-4 with two runs scored.
- Texas fell to 28-16 all-time in NCAA Regional play (12th NCAA Regional appearance).
- The Longhorns recorded all three of their runs and four of their six hits in their final at-bat (seventh inning).
- Taylor Hoagland recorded her team-best 15th home run of the year and 26th of her career in the seventh inning. Hoagland's 15 homers are tops on the UT single-season chart.
- Brejae Washington posted her 38th stolen base of the year in the first inning. Washington already owns the UT single-season record for steals.
- Taylor Thom recorded her team-high 12th double of the season.