May 20, 2011
Box Score |
- Houston will play in a winner's bracket game on Saturday at 1 pm Central against the winner of Friday night's Texas-Texas State contest.
- Louisiana-Lafayette will play in an elimination game on Saturday at 3:30 pm Central against the loser of Friday night's Texas-Texas State contest.
- Houston improved to 7-4 all-time in NCAA Regional play (fourth NCAA Regional appearance)
- Houston used seven consecutive base hits with one out to plate five runs in the top of the third.
- Houston limited the Ragin' Cajuns to just one hit, tying a season low for Louisiana-Lafayette (1 vs. Florida Atlantic on April 23).
- Katy Beth Sherman recorded her team-best fourth triple of the year in the third inning.
- Holly Anderson recorded her eighth double of the year in the third inning and her ninth double of the season in the seventh inning.
- Louisiana-Lafayette fell to 42-30 all-time in NCAA Regional play (21st NCAA Regional appearance)
- Louisiana-Lafayette saw its 11-game winning streak come to an end.
- Louisiana-Lafayette entered the game with the nation's highest scoring offense (7.97 runs per game).
- Ashley Brignac saw her streak of consecutive scoreless innings snapped at 22.2 in the third inning.
- Nerissa Myers recorded the lone hit of the game for the Ragin' Cajuns with a single to left in the first inning.