Trivia question: Midfielder Caitlin Kennedy is currently tied for the team overall scoring lead with fellow forward Kelsey Carpenter. When was the last time the Longhorns finished a season with a midfielder as their leading scorer?
MATCH #16: Texas (8-6-1, 5-3-0 Big 12) at Missouri (8-5-3, 3-3-2 Big 12)
When: Oct. 21, 2005, at 7:00 p.m. Central
Where: Columbia, Mo. (Audrey J. Walton Soccer Complex)
Series: Texas leads 7-3-1
First Meeting: 9/13/1996; a 1-0 Missouri win at Austin
Last Meeting: 10/17/2004; a 6-0 Texas win at Austin
Streak: Texas has won the last six meetings
Petrucelli vs. Missouri: 6-0-1
MATCH #17: Texas (8-6-1, 5-3-0 Big 12) at Kansas (8-6-2, 4-3-1 Big 12)
When: Oct. 23, 2005, at 1:00 p.m. Central
Where: Lawrence, Kan. (Super Target Field)
Series: Texas leads 9-0-1
First Meeting: 9/15/1996; a 4-0 Texas win at Austin
Last Meeting: 11/5/2004; a 3-2 (2OT) Texas win at San Antonio
Streak: Texas has won the last two meetings in 2OT
Petrucelli vs. Kansas: 6-0-1
Media: Tape-delayed broadcast by CSTV (10/25/05 at 7 p.m. CST)
· With a pair of conference victories last weekend, the Longhorns have now won five of their last six matches, including a season-best three in a row.
· Texas' 2-1 road win at Iowa State on Oct. 14 marked the club's first triumph away from Myers Stadium since Sept. 24, 2004 (a 3-2 win in double overtime at Texas Tech), while the Horns' 1-0 overtime victory opposite No. 25 Nebraska on Oct. 16 gave UT 19 wins in its last 21 home contests.
· Behind their 1-0 overtime decision against No. 25 Nebraska, the Horns are now 2-1 against top 25 opponents during the 2005 campaign. The victory also marked UT's first overtime win this year.
· The Texas defense has posted two of its six shutouts this year in the last three games and is now two shutouts shy of tying the school single-season record of eight set in 2004, 2002 and 2001.
· Ashley Foster and Kelsey Carpenter accounted for the game-winning goals against Iowa State and No. 25 Nebraska, respectively, and are now tied for the team lead with two game-winning scores apiece.
· With her goal against the Cyclones on Oct. 14, sophomore Caitlin Kennedy not only set an season career-high for goals with her team-leading fifth of the 2005 campaign, but also recorded her third goal in two games.
· Up next, the Horns return home to Myers Stadium to conclude the 2005 regular season against Dayton on Friday, Oct. 28 at 7 p.m. Central.
MISSOURI - QUICK FACTS
Head Coach: Bryan Blitz
2004 Record: 9-10-1
2004 Conference Record (Finish): 5-5-0 (6th - Big 12)
2004 Postseason: Big 12 Tournament First Round
KANSAS - QUICK FACTS
Head Coach: Mark Francis
2004 Record: 18-5-0
2004 Conference Record (Finish): 8-2-0 (t1st - Big 12)
2004 Postseason: NCAA Tournament Second Round
Trivia answer: Freshman midfielder Kati McBain finished the 2000 season as the Horns' leading scorer with 29 points on eight goals and 13 assists.