Soccer preview: Nicholls State and Cal State Fullerton
MATCH #7: No. 23 Texas (4-2-0) vs. Nicholls State (2-4-1)
MATCH #8: No. 23 Texas (4-2-0) vs. Cal State Fullerton (3-1-1)
· The matches against Nicholls State and Cal State Fullerton mark the first time Texas will face the two programs on the soccer field. Eighth-year Longhorns coach Chris Petrucelli has not faced the Colonels or the Titans in 16 years as a head coach.
· Texas is ranked No. 23 in the National Soccer Coaches Association of America (NSCAA)/adidas poll and rated 13th in the Soccer America poll through the first three weeks of the poll.
· The UT offense came alive against the Tigers with the four goals against LSU, falling one shy of the season total through the first five matches this year. UT scored in three of the first five matches and five of this season's nine goals have come in the second half.
· UT has out-shot its opponents 94-66 and holds a 15.7-to-11.0 advantage in shots per game.
· The Texas Longhorns' soccer ticket is a big draw on the road and at home. When UT faced Auburn and LSU, it marked the second largest crowds in their facility's histories with 2,259 and 1,669, respectively. In the home opener against No. 3 Penn State, Texas hosted the fifth largest crowd in program history (2,614).
NICHOLLS STATE QUICK FACTS