| Megan Upah
· Career statistics
· Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll (Spring 2007, Spring & Fall 2006, Fall 2005)
A hard-working and experienced midfielder who understands the game ... forces the defense to step up and stop her attack ... an all-around athlete who can provide quality minutes for the Longhorns.
· Started one game and played four matches for UT ... scored one goal for two points.
· Scored her first career goal in her first career start against Sam Houston State (10/13).
· Had two shots in first action of season against Nicholls State (9/15).
· Saw action in six games overall appearing in four Big 12 contests.
· Member of the South Texas State ODP Team from 2000-04.
· A center midfielder for the `87 Austin Warriors Club Team for eight seasons under the direction of head coach Hue Menzies.
· Aided the Warriors in winning the 2004 NCYSA Under-17 South Texas State crown and the 2001 South Texas Snickers Under-14 state title.
· Finished her tenure with the Warriors as the club's assist leader and one of the top three all-time scorers.
· A two-year letterwinner in soccer (2002 & 2005) who also earned four letters in basketball while at Cedar Park High School (2002-05).
· Selected as a second-team All-District honoree during her two seasons with head coach Jennifer Wornack's Timberwolves soccer team ... helped Cedar Park compile 38 wins in two years and finish as the 4A State Runner-up during the 2002 campaign.
· A three-time All-District point guard (2003-05) for head coach Mark Myers' basketball team who was tabbed the school's 2005 Senior Female Athlete of the Year.
· A four-time Academic All-District performer who earned Academic All-State laurels as a senior in 2005.
· Graduated third in her class and received a UIL Scholar Award while also being named Who's Who Among American High School Students.
· Member of both the National and Spanish National honor societies as well as the Key and Spanish clubs.
Born Megan Elizabeth Upah on Feb. 20, 1987, in Peona, Ill. ... parents are Dennis and Lisa Upah ... has a younger brother, Drew ... majoring in advertising ... made the 2006 Fall Commissioner's Honor Roll.
OFF-FIELD WITH MEGAN UPAH
Proudest athletic moment: winning the 2006 Big 12 soccer tournament in a shootout against Colorado and lighting the UT Tower orange
Nobody knows how much I: follow celebrity gossip
Childhood ambition: to be an actress
First job: ran a soccer camp for four- and five-year olds
Biggest challenge: balancing school with a demanding soccer schedule
Inspiration: my mom and dad
Favorite Class: all of my advertising classes
Favorite Movie: My Best Friend's Wedding
Favorite Athlete: Michael Jordan
Favorite Sports Team: Dallas Mavericks
What I like most about UT: Being at a school that is great academically but which also has so much great support behind the athletic program at the same time