| Rachel Stepp
Fort Worth, Texas
Fort Worth Country Day
· Entered five games for UT totaling 43 minutes.
· Competed against TCU (8/31), UTSA (9/14), Houston (9/21), SFA (9/23) and Wright State (9/28).
· Took one shot in the 4-0 shutout over Houston.
· 2002 ODP Texas State Team.
· Member of the Dallas Texans Red (2007) coached by Kenny Medina.
· Prior to stint with Texans, played for the Texas Image (1999-2003), Texas Lightning (2003-05) and Dallas Sting Royal (2005-06).
· Led the Fort Worth Country Day school in goals scored
· Southwest Preparatory Conference (SPC) All-North Zone Team... 2006 selection to the SPC Division I All-District Team.
· Team MVP for coach Tarik Guendouzi.
· Four-year letterwinner in three sports: soccer (2003-07), field hockey (2003-07) and track (2003-07); also lettered one season in swimming (2005-06).
· Two-time SPC Honorable Mention in field hockey and track and field.
· High Honors and Who's Who Among American High School Students selection.
· Yearbook Photography editor and student ambassador.
· Selected by the faculty for the Jimmy D. Brown Award - an honor presented for leadership in athletics, academics and the community.
Born Rachel Ann Stepp on May 26, 1989 in Fort Worth, Texas ... daughter of Randall and Kathleen Stepp ... has a younger brother, Sonny ... majoring in liberal arts ... member of the Spring 2008 and Fall 2007 Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll.
OFF-FIELD WITH RACHEL STEPP
Full name: Rachel Ann Stepp
Nickname (s): Stepp
I chose UT because...of the awesome sports program and the school spirit.
Favorite thing about Austin is...there is always something to do.
Goals for the season: to win the Big 12 and a National Championship.
Favorite book: Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry
Favorite quote or motto: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
Something on my iPod/CD rotation that would surprise people: "Coming up to breathe" by Mercy Me
Most interesting thing I did this summer: Zip-lining through the jungle in Costa Rica
My hidden talent is: cheerleading
A word or phrase I overuse would be: "Y'all"
The song I never want to hear again is: Soulja Boy
City I've never been to but want to visit: Chicago