| Stacey-Ann Smith
Click here to see Stacey-Ann Smith's track and field bio
HONORS & AWARDS
· 2010 Academic All-Big 12 Second Team.
· 2009 Academic All-Big 12 Second Team
· 2010 IAAF World Junior Outdoor Championships Gold Medalist as a leg of the USA's 4x400m relay ... also placed fourth in the open 400m and was the top US finisher in the meet.
· Nine-time All-Big 12 honoree (400m - 2010 indoor/outdoor, 2009 indoor/outdoor; 4x400m relay - 2010 indoor/outdoor, 2009 indoor/outdoor; 4x100m relay - 2009 outdoor).
· Advanced to the 400m semifinals at the 2010 NCAA Outdoor Championships ... was the first Horn since 2005 to qualify for the semifinals after posting a PR of 52.83 at the NCAA West Regional meet
· Played in 13 matches as a forward for combined 254 minutes.
· Played in 20 matches this season as a forward.
· Tallied one goal and two assists on the season.
· Notched her lone goal of the season in the 70th minute of a 5-1 victory over Navy (Sep. 3).
· Connected with Doniak on a goal in the 71st minute of a 4-0 win over William & Mary (Sep. 12) ... giving Smith her first assist of the year.
· Assisted redshirt freshman Leah Fortune on a goal that came in the 60th minute of a 2-1 loss to Nebraska (Sep. 24).
· Named to the 2010 Academic All-Big 12 Second Team.
· Member the Oakwood Soccer Club for three years
· Played for Robert Zuccaro on the Yankee United Club squad
· Participated in the Connecticut Olympic Development Program for five years
PRIOR TO TEXAS
· Four year-letterwinner and team captain in track at Atlantic High School (2006-08) in Palm Beach, Fla., and Bloomfield High School (2004-06) in Bloomfield, Connecticut.
· As a freshman, was the Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference (CIAC) Indoor class champion in the 55 and 300 while running a leg of the 4x200 championship relay team ... also claimed the outdoor 200-meter title.
· Played soccer as a freshman at Bloomfield, earning All-State and All-Conference honors
· Junior Olympic gold medalist in the 100 and 200 in 2005.
· Repeated as the indoor 55 (7.15) and 300 (40.17) champion as a sophomore and went on to earn the 100 (11.83) and 200 (24.97) meter New England Interscholastic Track and Field Outdoor Titles ... was named the Connecticut Girls Athlete of the Year and was an All-Conference and All-State selection.
· Helped Bloomfield win the Indoor and Outdoor State Championships Titles in 2006.
· Transferred to Atlantic High School as a junior and went on to claim the Palm Beach County 100 and 200-meter titles ... earned All-Conference, All-State and All-County honors that season.
· As a senior, was the Palm Beach County, District and Regional champion in the 100 and 200 before finishing 2nd at the State meet in the 200 ... repeated as an All-Conference, All-State and All-Country selection and was named to the South Florida First Team.
· Holds the 55-meter dash record in the state of Connecticut (7.00 seconds).
Born Stacey-Ann Smith to Leonard Smith and Carmen Barker-Smith ... has one older sibling, Johann, who plays professional soccer overseas ... was an honor roll student all four years of High School and recorded a perfect 4.0 GPA in both semesters of her senior year...studying law and political communications at Texas.