| Leah Payne
Photo Gallery |
· Played in 15 matches as defender for combined 435 minutes.
· Started in 7 of 15 matches played as a defenseman in the UT backline.
· Helped the Longhorns allow only seven goals in Texas' 10 Big 12 matches ... posting five shutouts, for first in conference action. The seven goals are the second least through nine Big 12 games that Texas has allowed since 2003 and its five shutouts tie for the most since 2002.
· Was one of four Longhorns to start in all 21 matches, all on the UT backline.
· Registered career-high two goals, both of which were gamewinners, and one assist for five points
· Tallied the first goal of her career in UT's 2-1 win over Louisville (Sept. 11) ... scored the gamewinner in the 50th minute.
· Headed in a corner kick from Kirsten Birkhold in the 52nd minute to give Texas a 2-1 win over Loyola-Chicago (Oct. 9)
· Dished out first career assist in UT's 1-0 double overtime win over Colorado (Oct. 25).
· Started in 10 of 16 matches played, including the last nine contests of the season...also held a spot in the starting lineup for six league games.
· Played a season-high 100 minutes in 0-0 double-overtime match against No. 18 Oklahoma State...helped keep the nation's top scoring offense to zero goals for the first time all season.
· Provided strong presense in the UT back line, helping hold 10 opponents scoreless and all foes to just nine goals in the regular season, the lowest mark in program history.
· Also helped keep Big 12 opponents to five goals, another program-low.
· Member of ODP Region Pool in 2004.
· Three-time NorCAL State ODP team member (2004-06).
· Played for the Mustang Fury (1998-2004, 2007) and Pleasanton Rage (2004-07)... both teams coached by Paul Sapsford.
· Fury won the California State Cup and Surf Cup Championships in 2003.
· Helped the Rage to the 2006 California State Cup finals.
· Four-year basketball letterwinner under coach Margaret Gardener at Carondolet... team captain as a senior.
· Helped the team win multiple conference and state championships... claimed the Bay Valley Athletic League (BVAL) and NorCAL Championships in 2006.
· Squad finished as the California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) state runner-up in 2006.
· Honor roll all four years of high school.
· Student Council class representative during sophomore, junior and senior years.
Born Leah Payne on April 17, 1990 to Harry and Laurie Payne ... two younger siblings, Zach (17) and Erica (16) ... father Harry played basketball at Northern Arizona from 1983-1987 ... majoring in corporate communication.
OFF-FIELD WITH LEAH PAYNE
Full name: Leah Payne
Nickname (s): Payne
I chose UT because... the school spirit and the amazing facilities.
Coolest things about UT... Everyone's school spirit and the color burnt orange.
Movie you know pretty much every line to: Bring it On.
Favorite book: The Pact by Jodi Picoult
I can't live without...food!
What artist gets the most play on your iPod right now? Beyonce
Favorite hobbies? Painting my nails, shopping, reading, and eating.
What makes you unique? my hair :)
What is one new thing you'd like to do or learn this year? I want to take cooking classes.