| Alisha Ortiz
Highland Village, Texas
Photo Gallery | Video: Moving headshot -- Alisha Ortiz
HONORS & AWARDS
· 2008 Academic All-Big 12 Second Team
· Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll (Spring 2009, Spring & Fall 2008, Fall 2007)
· Saw action in all 21 matches including three starts.
· Totaled six shots on goal on 15 attempts.
· Started in 13 of 20 games played....tallied one goal and one assist for three points.
· Registered an assist in 2-1 come-from-behind victory over Iowa State (10/5).
· Scored first goal and game winner of the season in 3-0 victory over UTSA (9/5).
· Started in 13 of 23 games...scored three goals and assisted five for 11 points...one of five Longhorns to finish the season in double-digit scoring.
· Posted first career multi-goal game against BYU in the First Round of the NCAA Championship (11/15)...netted both goals within eight minutes of each other, scoring first in the 10th minute then again in the 18th.
· Recorded first career assist in 4-0 shutout over Houston (9/21).
· First career goal came in the 2-1 win over Nebraska (10/7).
· Aided newcomers Courtney Gaines and Kate Nicholson to their first UT goals against SFA (9/23) and Oklahoma (10/28), respectively.
· Tallied an assist in the 1-1 draw over Oklahoma State (11/9) during the Big 12 Championship semifinals.
· Joined the Texas D'Feeters Soccer Club in 2004, playing for coach Cara Kunitz.
· Played on the Region III Premier League West Championship Team (2004-05).
· Helped D'Feeters win the 2005 San Diego Surf Cup Championship.
· Four-year letterwinner for Marcus High School, the 2005 Texas UIL State Champions, under coach Kevin Albury.
· 2006 Class 5A All-State selection.
· 2005 Class 5A First Team All-District selection.
· 2003-04 Varsity Offensive Player of the Year.
· 2003-04 District Forward of the Year and Newcomer of the Year.
· Participated in the Adopt-An-Athlete program.
· Graduated in the top 10 percent of her class
Daughter of Steve and Vicki Ortiz ... born Alisha Ortiz on January 2, 1989 in Denver, Colo. ... has two older sisters, Tara (27) and Erica (26), and one younger brother Steven (15) ... father, Steve, wrestled at Cal State Fullerton ... majoring in government ... member of Spring 2008 and Fall 2007 Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll.
OFF-FIELD WITH ALISHA ORTIZ
What would have been your summer's theme song? Pursuit of Happiness
Movie you can't watch without crying? All of them
If you could build a dorm room, and live in any building on campus, where would you build it? Top of the tower
Biggest celebrity crush? Gerard Butler
At a team get together, I'm usually the one who... is eating
Favorite Texas Barbeque joint? Rudy's
Favorite movie quote? "Why? You know why."
Weirdest class taken in college? Piano
Favorite supervillan/superhero? Batman
If you could go back in time and tell yourself one bit of advice what would it be? Relax
Favorite looking jersey of the 2010 World Cup? USA
If you could major in one other subject, what would it be? Marketing
Team Edward or Team Jacob/ or Team Harry Potter? Harry Potter
If you were in a band, what type of music/ what instrument would you want to play? Alternative- guitar
Favorite board game? Sorry
Greatest on the field moment? Big 12 touring freshman year
What have you learned about yourself while in college? You can do a lot more than you think
What does a dream day look like to you ten years from now? On the beach with my family
What was your favorite movie of the summer? Toy Story 3
If you could be on the cover of any magazine what would it be and what would you be doing? Forbes
What legacy do you hope to leave after graduation? Give your all in everything you do
What did you do this summer? Worked in Austin
What is your favorite sport outside of soccer? Volleyball