| Kate Nicholson
Photo Gallery | Video: Moving headshot -- Kate Nicholson
HONORS & AWARDS
· 2009 Academic All-Big 12 Second Team
· Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll (Spring 2009, Fall 2007)
· Started in 18 of 20 matches played on the UT backline
· Earned first career start at No. 14/16 California (Sept. 6).
· Registered first career and game-tying assist in UT's 1-1 double overtime contest with Missouri (Oct. 2).
· Competed in eight matches for the Horns.
· Totaled season-high 50 minutes in 1-0 loss at Colorado (10/10).
· Saw action in five games, scoring one goal for two points in 54 minutes of playing time.
· Only Longhorn to start less than 10 games and register a goal.
· Netted the second goal in UT's 4-0 shutout over Oklahoma (10/28), assisted by Alisha Ortiz.
· Starting forward for the Maryland ODP Team for four years (2003-06).
· In 2005, attended the ODP Brazilian Training Camp.
· Played for the Bethesda Rapids from 2004-07 and coached by Rich Fabrizio.
· Selected as captain for all three years and helped the group to the 2005 and 2006 Maryland State Cup Championship, the finals of the 2005 and 2006 Region I National Championship, and to the 2005 CASL Showcase Championship.
· Spent four years with the SAC United Premier Club Soccer program, which won the Maryland State title in 2003 and 2004.
· Played for the Baltimore Bays in the Super Y League in 2004 as a member of the U15 SYL ODP Select National Team.
· Four-year varsity starter for coach Stephanie Stoutenborough.
· Tallied 36 goals and 19 assists for 91 career points.
· 2006 All-State Second Team and three-time First Team All-County (2004-06) pick at Atholton High School.
· 2005-06 team MVP and captain.
· 2004 Maryland State 2-A 800m Champion.
OFF-FIELD WITH KATE NICHOLSON
What would have been your summer's theme song?
Daughter of Scott and Ann Nicholson ... born Kathryn Marie Nicholson on October 13, 1989 in Washington, D.C. ... has a younger sister, Julia (16) ... english major that was a member of the Fall 2007 Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll.
Bulletproof La Roux
Movie you can't watch without crying?
If you could build a dorm room, and live in any building on campus, where would you build it?
A suite in the Football stadium
Biggest celebrity crush?
Mark Walberg or Ryan Reynolds
At a team get together, I'm usually the one who...
Favorite Texas Barbeque joint?
Favorite movie quote?
"I may not have a brain.. but I have an idea." Monsters vs. Aliens
Weirdest class taken in college?
If you could go back in time and tell yourself one bit of advice what would it be?
I think its going to be ok
Favorite looking jersey of the 2010 World Cup?
If you could major in one other subject, what would it be?
Team Edward or Team Jacob/ or Team Harry Potter?
If you could go back and witness any event in history what would it be?
The creation of the first M&M
If you were in a band, what type of music/ what instrument would you want to play?
Favorite board game?
Greatest on the field moment?
My freak goal assisted by Alisha Ortiz
What is your weirdest trait?
I'm an English Major
What have you learned about yourself while in college?
I can make it though a heck of a lot more than I thought I could
What does a dream day look like to you ten years from now?
Laying by the pool with Mark and Ryan
What was your favorite movie of the summer?
If you could be on the cover of any magazine what would it be and what would you be doing?
Cooking Magazine "World Renowned Snacker"
What legacy do you hope to leave after graduation?
Work hard, play hard
What did you do this summer?
Interned at Livestrong Foundation
What is your favorite sport outside of soccer?