| Stephanie Logterman
HONORS & AWARDS
· 2007 All-Big 12 First Team
· 2007 NSCAA Scholar All-America First Team
· 2007 NSCAA Scholar All-South Region First Team
· 2007 NSCAA All-Central Region First Team
· 2007 ESPN The Magazine/CoSIDA Academic All-District First Team
· 2007 Academic All-Big 12 First Team
· 2007 Preseason All-Big 12
· 2007 U.S. Under-21 Women's National Team Participant (Nordic Cup Champion)
· 2006 U.S. Under-20 Women's National Team National Team Member
· 2006 NSCAA All-Central Region Second Team
· 2006 All-Big 12 First Team
· 2006 Preseason All-Big 12
· 2006 ESPN The Magazine/CoSIDA Academic All-District VI Second Team
· 2006 Academic All-Big 12 First Team
· 2005 All-Big 12 Second Team
· 2005 Big 12 All-Newcomer Team
· 2005 U.S. Under-19 Women's National Team National Team Member
· Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll (Spring 2008, Spring & Fall 2007, Spring & Fall 2006, Fall 2005)
U.S. NATIONAL TEAM
· Member of five U.S. Youth National Teams: Under-16 (2002), Under-17 (2003), Under-19 (2003-04), Under-20 (2006) and Under-21 (2007).
· Helped the U.S. Under-21 Women's National Team win the 2007 Nordic Cup Championship in Vaasa, Finland from July 12-24... the American squad shut out three opponents, registering its largest margin of victory (4-0) in the championship match against Germany... marked the eighth Nordic Cup trophy for the U.S. Under-21 Team.
· Earned nine starts in 14 appearances on defense for the U.S. Under-19 National Team during the 2004 campaign... contributed three assists and aided the team in claiming the Bronze Medal at the FIFA Under-19 World Championships.
· Spent the first two weeks of the 2006 season playing with the U.S. Under-20 National Soccer Team in Russia.
· Started in 17 games, accumulating five assists for five points in 1,549 minutes.
· Season ended with a knee injury in the second period of the 1-0 loss at No. 25 Oklahoma State (10/26).
· Connected with fellow defender Kasey Moore for the game winner in the 3-2 over time win vs. No. 12 Missouri (10/19).
· Assisted Alisha Ortiz for her first career goal in the 2-1 win over Nebraska (10/7).
· Started 18 matches for the Longhorns after returning from her stint with U.S.A. Soccer... returned to the lineup for the game against New Mexico (9/7).
· As one of the top defenders on the team, was a key component on the UT defense that helped blank a Texas school-record 10 opponents.
· Contributed to the Longhorns' offensive production, recording three goals and two assists for eight points... eighth overall point-scorer on the 2006 Longhorns squad and second among defenders.
· Tallied her first career goal, which was also the game-winning score, versus Cal State Fullerton (9/17).
· Scored her second goal of the season against Sam Houston State (10/13).
· Netted her third goal of the season in 4-1 victory over Iowa State (10/22).
· Started all 20 games in which she played, including nine of 10 conference matches, primarily as a center back.
· Played a major role in helping the defense post seven shutouts.
· Cleared a shot off the goal line versus No. 23 Colorado (11/4) during Big 12 Tournament play to allow Texas to rally and force overtime.
· Played for the Region III (2000-04) and South Texas State (1999-2004) ODP squads while in high school.
· A two-time Parade Magazine (2003-04) and NSCAA/adidas (2002-03) High School All-American as a midfielder and defender for head coach Hue Menzies Town & Country Warriors Soccer Club over eight seasons.
· A three-sport standout at Westwood High School in soccer, cross country and track.
· Utilized as a midfielder by Warriors head coach Jim Donahue during the 2000-01 campaign while also running cross country and competing in the 400-meter, mile relay and two mile events in track.
· Recipient of Westwood High School's Academic Award.
· Member of the National Honor Society, the National German Honor Society and the Fellowship of Christian Athletes.
Born Stephanie Lynn Logterman on Feb. 25, 1986, in Austin, Texas ... parents are Darrel and Patricia Logterman ... has one younger sister, Lindsey ... her father graduated from the University of Wisconsin and played football for the Badgers from 1968-72 ... a humanities/Plan II honors major ...recipient of the UT Women's Athletics 2005-06 Cunningham/Kaspar Endowed Scholarship.
OFF-FIELD WITH STEPHANIE LOGTERMAN
Full name: Stephanie Lynn Logterman
Nickname (s): Steph or Log
I chose UT because...it has awesome athletics and is a great school academically.
Favorite thing about Austin is...the diversity and how weird it is. It's never boring!
Goals for the season: To win a National Championship and light the tower!
Favorite book: The Power of One by Bryce Courtenay
Favorite quote or motto: "Be the change you wish to see in the world." - Ghandi
Something on my iPod/CD rotation that would surprise people: "High School Musical" soundtrack
Most interesting thing I did this summer: I spent time with my grandma and cousins in Wisconsin.
My hidden talent is: extensive knowledge of random and useless facts/information.
A word or phrase I overuse would be: "What the nuts"
The song I never want to hear again is: "I Kissed a Girl" by Kate Perry
City I've never been to but want to visit: Bombay, India