| Amanda Lisberger
Pacific Palisades, Calif
Photo Gallery | Video: Moving headshot -- Amanda Lisberger
· Started in all 11 matches played as defender.
· Started in 5 of 21 matches played as a midfielder.
· Tallied 3 goals in 891 minutes of play.
· Headed in her first goal of the year in the 66th minute of a 5-1 rout of Navy (Sep. 3).
· Netted her second goal of the season in the 29th minute of a 4-0 victory over William & Mary (Sep. 12).
· Recorded her third and final goal of the season in the 19th minute of a 2-1 win over Iowa State (Oct. 17).
· Started in 16 of 20 matches played ... posted four points off one goal and two assists.
· Recorded first assist of the season in UT's 2-0 victory over Kentucky (Sept. 19)
· Dished out the game-tying assist in UT's 1-1 double overtime tie with Missouri (Oct. 4)
· Connected on first goal of the season against Texas Tech (Oct. 23) ... collected a rebounded shot from Becka Rivera to bring the Longhorns within one goal, 2-1, in the 73rd minute.
· Saw action in 20 matches, including two starts.
· Registered two goals and one assist for five points.
· Scored one goal in each of her first two matches as a Longhorn...first tallied a score against Samford (8/22) then added the third of three UT goals in a two-minute span against Kentucky (8/28).
· Posted first career assist in 3-0 victory over UTSA (9/5).
· Posted two shots including one on goal in UT's 3-1 loss to Missouri in the Big 12 Championship quarterfinals (11/5).
· Invited to join the Korean Republic National team pool for the 2011 World Cup.
· Scored the game-winning goal on a header in the California State Championships ... named MVP by the Fox Soccer Channel as she added an assist to her three-point match.
· Played for Eagles Soccer Club for four years under coach Vince Thomas.
· Squad won a U.S. Youth Soccer (USYS) National and California State Championship and Far West Regional championship in 2007.
· Eagles SC team won State title in 2007 & 2008, and finished as state finalist in 2005 & 2006.
· In 2006, helped Eagles team win Coast Soccer Premier League Championship and League Cup Championship.
· Team finished as state finalists in 2003, 2004, and 2006.
· Helped lead the team to three Surf Cup Championships.
· Three-sport standout who earned 11 varsity letters at the Brentwood School.
· California Gatorade Player of the Year finalist in 2007.
· Named EA Sports First Team All-American as a senior ... also named Southern California Offensive Player of the Year by the Los Angeles Times as a senior.
· Three-time All-California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) First Team selection.
· Four-time Olympic League First Team and three-time league MVP.
· Helped her team win its third conference championship.
· Holds the school and conference record in points with 201 (86 goals and 29 assists).
· Scored 20 or more goals in each of her four high school seasons.
· An All-League selection in cross country and a four-time track & field Olympic League champion.
Born on Feb. 28, 1990 in South Korea ... daughter of Chuck and Marilynn Lisberger ... one older brother, Daniel (23) ... intended major is education.
OFF-FIELD WITH AMANDA LISBERGER
What would have been your summer's theme song? Crazy Girl by Eli Young Band
Movie you can't watch without crying? Toy Story 3
If you could build a dorm room, and live in any building on campus, where would you build it? In the soccer locker room
Biggest celebrity crush? Mark Wahlberg
At a team get together, I'm usually the one who... Is eating candy or cookies
Favorite quote? Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the tradewinds in your sail. Explore. Dream. Discover. (Mark Twain)
Weirdest class taken in college? Human Sexuality
Favorite supervillan/superhero? The Minions and Gru of Despicable Me
If you could go back in time and tell yourself one bit of advice what would it be? Relax, laugh, have a good time
If you could major in one other subject, what would it be? KIN.
Team Edward or Team Jacob/ or Team Harry Potter? Harry Potter
If you could go back and witness any event in history what would it be? Watching the 1st movie being made and processed
If you were in a band, what type of music/ what instrument would you want to play? Arock band, bass
Favorite board game? Sorry
Greatest on the field moment? Winning naitonals
What is your weirdest trait? When I sneeze it sounds like I cough
What have you learned about yourself while in college? Never let down and keep on working
What does a dream day look like to you ten years from now? Teaching 1st graders and coaching
What was your favorite movie of the summer? Captain America
What legacy do you hope to leave after graduation? Working hard does pay off!
What did you do this summer? Worked at soccer camp
What is your favorite sport outside of soccer? X-Games