| Leslie Imber
· Career statistics
· 2006 Honorable Mention NSCAA Scholar All-South Region
· 2006 First Team Academic All-Big 12
· Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll (Fall 2004, Spring & Fall 2005, Spring & Fall 2006,)
A tactically-sound player who can play on either side of the field as well as up front or on defense ... shows great knowledge of the game, anticipates well and has the ability to read the field ... displays strengths in various phases of the game and is considered a true all-around performer.
· Became the Longhorns top utility player, starting 14 of 22 overall matches and 60 percent of the Big 12 contests (6).
· Scored the first two goals of her career within a six-game span.
· Netted her first career goal in the Nicholls State game (9/15).
· Added her second career goal in the match against Oklahoma (10/1) on a one-touch pass from Emily Anderson.
· Saw action in a total of 11 games while making two starts despite battling some nagging injuries ... also played in five conference matches while making one start during league action.
· Appeared in 22 of UT's 24 games while making seven starts,including five during Big 12 competition.
· Aided the UT defense in tying the school single-season record for shutouts with eight.
· Member of the Region III (1999-2004) and South Texas State (1998-2004) ODP teams.
· Helped her state squad capture the 2001-02 State Team National ODP Championship.
· Participated in the 2004 Region III ODP International Soccer Tour to Italy/Switzerland.
· A forward and midfielder for head coach Pat O'Tool's Challenge Soccer Club for four seasons.
· A first-team All-District forward for head coach Craig Moseley's Lamar High School soccer team during the 2000-01 campaign.
· Earned Gatorade and Coaches awards in her first season with the Redskins and helped Lamar claim the 2001 District 3-5A title.
· Graduated in the top 10 percent of her class and was a member of the National Honor Society.
Born Leslie Caroline Imber on April 20, 1986, in Houston, Texas ... finance major ... parents are Robert and Amy Imber and both parents graduated from UT ... has one older sister, Katie, and one younger brother, J.R. and both are enrolled on the Forty Acres ... recipient of the UT Women's Athletics 2006-07 Mercedes-Benz/Clarissa Davis Endowed Scholarship.
OFF-FIELD WITH LESLIE IMBER
Proudest athletic moment: being a Big 12 Champion
Nobody knows how much I: want to climb Mount Kilimanjaro, "the roof top of Africa"
Childhood ambition: to be the champion on the Nickelodeon TV show GUTS
First job: Amy's Ice Cream, and yes, I did try every flavor -- it was a great job
Biggest challenge: keeping my hair from getting frizzy
Inspiration: my parents and Rita Tower, my first soccer trainer
Favorite Class: all of my finance classes (every time I take one, I'm one step closer to graduating)
Favorite Movie: The Devil Wears Prada
Favorite Athlete: Vince Young
Favorite Sports Team: Houston Astros
What I like most about UT: being able to go to college with my brother and sister