| Alexa Gaul
HONORS & AWARDS
·Named to the 2010 MAC Hermann Trophy Watch List
U.S. NATIONAL TEAM
· Member of the U.S. Under-20 team that faced the Norway U-23, Germany U-20 and England U-23 clubs in La Manga, Spain
· Member of the U.S. Under-23 Women's National Team that won the Four Nations Tournament in England in July of 2010 ... starting keeper in all three matches and posted two shutouts
· Under-20 Super Camp Participant
· Under-17 Women's World Cup Finalist (2008)
· Under-17 CONCACAF Champions (2008)
· Member of Under-16 and Under-17 U.S. National Team (2007-08)
· Started in all 16 matches played as goaltender.
· Registered a 1.06 goals against average while recording 52 saves and five shutouts.
· Recorded her third career assist in a 2-0 win over UTSA (Sept. 2).
· Tallied her first career goal off a penalty kick in the 2-3 upset against Kansas (Sept. 30).
· Scored her second career goal off a free kick that was 30 yards out in the 2-3 upset against Texas Tech (Oct. 16).
· Started in all 21 matches played as goaltender.
· Registered a 0.99 goals against average while recording 80 saves and eight shutouts.
· Recorded her second career assist in a 2-1 victory over Iowa State (Oct. 17). · Led the Big 12 in league action in goals allowed (seven), goals against average (0.65), save percentage (.868) and was fourth in saves (46).
· Earned Big 12 Defensive Player of the Week three times in 2010 season, two of which were posted in consecutive weeks.
· First Longhorn in program history to pick up a player of the week award three times in one season.
· Called up to the U.S. U-23 Women's National Training Camp in Los Angeles ... only one of 24 players, both collegiate and professional, to participate in week-long camp.
· Posted an 8-7-3 record in 18 matches in goal as a freshman ... missed three contests due to injury
· Registered a 1.36 goals against average while recording 61 saves and four shutouts
· Finished the season ranked eighth in goalkeeper minutes played (1,716) and tied for ninth in shutouts (four) in Texas' single-season record book
· Notched first career assist in UT's 2-1 in over Loyola-Chicago
· Posted shutouts against Kentucky, Baylor and two against Colorado
· Played for the Eclipse Select 90/91 under coach Mike Nesci (2005-09)
· Played for Region II ODP Team (2008)
· 2008 Under-18 Disney Showcase Champions
· Won 2008 Under-17 USYS Region II Championship
· Participated in 2007 Nike Premiere 50 Camp
· Named Adidas ESP Camp All-Star (2007).
· Earned Golden Glove Award at U.S. Region II ODP Camp (2007).
· Participated in State and Regional Olympic Development Program (2003-08).
· 2009 Parade All-American and NSCAA Youth All American (2007 and 2008).
· Helped Neuqua Valley place fifth at the 2009 State Championship...named NVHS MVP
· Naperville Sun Player of the Year...Chicago Tribune Top 11 All-State...Chicago Sun Times Top 11 All-State...Daily Herald All-Area First Team
Daughter of Pete and Berna Gaul....born Alexa Gaul on May 15, 1991...has an older brother, Bryan, who plays soccer at Bradley University...father Pete played baseball at Murray State...major is education
OFF-FIELD WITH ALEXA GAUL
What would have been your summer's theme song? Memories by David Guetta
Movie you can't watch without crying? Pearl Harbor
If you could build a dorm room, and live in any building on campus, where would you build it? On the Drag
Biggest celebrity crush? Shia LeBeouf
At a team get together, I'm usually the one who... say's/ does something dumb that everyone laughs at
Favorite movie quote? Anchorman "I'm going to punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the baby maker."
Favorite supervillan/superhero? Superman
If you could go back in time and tell yourself one bit of advice what would it be? Its how you overcome obstacles that will make you a better person
Favorite looking jersey of the 2010 World Cup? Spain
If you could major in one other subject, what would it be? Criminal Justice
Team Edward or Team Jacob/ or Team Harry Potter? Team Edward
If you could go back and witness any event in history what would it be? MLK
Favorite board game? Monopoly
Greatest on the field moment? In England with the 23's I earned a starting spot and played in all three games.
What have you learned about yourself while in college? I'm not as shy as I was freshmen year
What does a dream day look like to you ten years from now? Having a family and also playing professional soccer in the USA or overseas
What was your favorite movie of the summer? Eclipse- The Twilight Series
What legacy do you hope to leave after graduation? Big 12 and NCAA champions
What did you do this summer? Played in Germany and England with U-23 team
What is your favorite sport outside of soccer? Basketball