| Nina Frausing Pedersen
· Started 16 out of 16 matches played as a defenseman.
· Tallied two goals and three assists for a total of seven points this season.
· Notched first assist in 3-0 win over Houston (Aug. 22).
· Scored first career goal as a Longhorn in 2-1 win over Iowa State (Sept. 25).
· Posted her second goal of the season in a 2-3 upset against Texas Tech (Oct. 16)...assisted by Vanessa Ibewuike
· Shot 47% of her shots on goal, with 7 for 15 of the season.
· Started 14 out of 15 matches played as a defenseman.
· One of three Longhorn freshmen to earn a starting spot during 2010.
· Named to the Big 12 All-Newcomer Team.
· Earned spot on NSCAA All-Central Region Third Team.
· Tallied one assist during the season.
· Helped the Horns post five shutouts during her 15 games.
DENMARK NATIONAL TEAM/HIGH SCHOOL
· Center back for the Denmark U-17, U-19 and U-23 Women's National Teams.
· Part of the Demark squad that qualified and competed in the 2008 U17 FIFA World Cup that took place in New Zealand
· Notched one goal in Denmark's 5-0 win over Moldova in the qualifying round of the 2009 Union of European Football Associations (UEFA) U-19 Championship.
· Member of the Slovbakken club squad in Denmark's Elite Division league.
· Graduated from Silkeborg Gymnasium in 2010.
Born Nina Frausing Pedersen on June 20, 1991 in Copenhagen, Denmark ... daughter of Soeren Louis and Heidi Frausing ... interested in studying finance or sports management while at UT.
OFF-FIELD WITH NINA FRAUSING PEDERSEN
Movie you can't watch without crying? P.S. I love you
Favorite supervillan/superhero? Beethoven
Favorite looking jersey of the 2010 World Cup? Chile
Team Edward or Team Jacob/ or Team Harry Potter? Team Harry Potter
If you were in a band, what type of music/ what instrument would you want to play? I played cornet but it would probably be guitar
Greatest on the field moment U17 world cup in New Zealand 2008 against Colombia
What was your favorite movie of the summer? Karate Kid
What did you do this summer? Celebrating graduation, being together with friends and family and working out
What is your favorite sport outside of soccer? Handball