| Emily Anderson
· Video: Moving headshot -- Emily Anderson
HONORS AND AWARDS
· 2008 ESPN The Magazine/CoSIDA Academic All-America Second Team
· 2008 ESPN The Matazine/CoSIDA Academic All-District First Team
· 2008 Academic All-Big 12 First Team
· 2007 ESPN The Magazine/CoSIDA Academic All-District Second Team
· 2007 Academic All-Big 12 First Team
· Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll (Spring 2009, Spring & Fall 2008, Spring & Fall 2007, Fall 2006)
· Started in 19 of 21 games and set a season-high with nine points off four goals and one assist...named the team's most improved player at the conclusion of the season.
· Was the only Big 12 soccer player to post a perfect 4.0 GPA...became the third player in Texas history to earn ESPN The Magazine/CoSIDA Academic All-America honors with her second team selection...also named to the Academic All-Big 12 First Team for the second-straight year.
· Scored the Longhorns' lone goal in their 1-0 defeat of Washington State in the first round of the NCAA Championship (11/14).
· Second on the team in scoring during conference play with her career-high three league goals.
· Posted first assist of the season in UT's 3-1 loss to Mizzou in Big 12 Championship quarterfinals (11/5).
· Was one of four Longhorns to score in 4-0 win over Oklahoma (10/17).
· Provided the Longhorns' only goal in 1-0 victory at Texas Tech (10/12).
· Tallied the game-tying scoring against Iowa State (10/5).
· Netted three goals and added one assist for seven points, the sixth highest point total on the team.
· Started in 14 of 25 games played.
· Saw action in all 10 conference games including seven starts.
· In the Big 12 Championship final vs. Texas A&M (11/11), netted first goal less than two minutes into 2-1 win over the Aggies.
· Recorded one goal in UT's 6-0 win over UTSA (9/9) and in 4-0 victory over the Sooners (10/28).
· Led all 2006 newcomers in scoring, with three goals and one assist for seven points... seven points were the sixth highest point total on the team.
· Earned three starts in 24 matches.
· Played in nine of 10 Big 12 Conference matches, netting one start.
· Had her first career assist on a Leslie Imber goal against Oklahoma (10/1).
· Netted first career and game-winning goal at Colorado (10/8) on an assist from Carrie Schmit.
· Five-year (2002-06) member of the Austin Capitals Club Soccer team and one-year (2002) participant in the Texas ODP program.
· Five-year (2002-06) member of the Austin Capitals Club soccer team and one-year (2002) participant in the Texas ODP program.
· Played for the Under-17 88G team, mentored by Ben Crawley, that finished third in the Western Division Texas Youth Soccer Association.
· 2006 All-Central Texas Soccer Player of the Year and a four-year letterwinner under head coach Jenny Aldrete.
· Honored as Westlake's soccer team MVP and an Academic All-District selection.
· Named to the All-Central Texas team as a sophomore and junior and earned offensive Most Valuable Player honors from freshman to junior seasons.
· Graduated in the top five percent of her class.
· Member of the National Honor Society and Mu Alpha Theta.
Daughter of Larry and Susan Anderson... born Emily Leighton Anderson on September 25, 1987 in Austin, Texas... has two siblings - a brother, Erik, and a sister Kristen, who played on the Longhorns' varsity soccer team during the first two years of the UT program (1993-1994)... majoring in accounting and was accepted into UTs's prestigious Professional program (PPA)... recipient of the UT Women's Athletics 2006-07 Anne and Steve Ballantyne Endowed Scholarship.
OFF-FIELD WITH EMILY ANDERSON
Full name: Emily Leighton Anderson
Nickname (s): Em
I chose UT because: I love living in Austin
Favorite thing about Austin is ... It's home!
Goals for the season: To win the National Championship.
Favorite Austin restaurant: Manuel's
If you could see a concert with three performers, who would be in it? Foo Fighters, Coldplay and Michael Jackson
Movie you know pretty much every line to: Dumb & Dumber
Favorite quote: "We landed on the moon!" - Dumb & Dumber
Favorite class I've taken at UT: Tax Practicum - we completed tax returns for low income individuals
What makes you unique? I don't have a twin