Quick 18: Kristin Walla
Dec. 28, 2008
1. What is something most people don't know about you? When I was 12 I played "Winona" in a professional production of the children's play "The Unwicked Witch," in which I had to pretend to be asleep for the 30 minutes while patrons found their seat...once I wasn't pretending! I woke up to find myself on stage, in costume, in front of an audience and bright lights. It was a memorable experience. That was the summer I realized I couldn't live without golf.
2. Why did you decide to come to Texas? Why not come to Texas? It's the best of everything!
3. If you could trade places with anyone for a day, who would it be and why? Gwyneth Paltrow because she leads a fascinating life. Plus, I'd be married to Chris Martin from the band Coldplay.
4. What is one electronic accessory that you couldn't live without? I believe I could survive with no electronics, but I'd probably be last to part with my computer.
5. If calories and fat grams didn't exist or matter, what dessert would you eat every day? Mocha Almond Fudge Ice Cream, hands down.
6. Are you afraid of anything? The dark. I have a wild and vivid imagination...not a good combo, but stand me on the highest cliff in the world, I'd be fine.
7. Do you have a favorite golf club in your bag? I try not to. If anything, my putter.
8. Do you have any superstitions before playing a round of golf? Again, I try not to. My only superstitions are about picking up litter. If I see it, and I don't pick it up, I feel like bad karma will come back to me, so I always have a pocket full of litter in my golf bag.
9. If you get lost while driving, do you stop for directions, make a phone call or just try and figure it out? Any or all of the above; I have a pretty good sense of direction, especially if I have also seen a map, but I have no qualms about asking for directions, or calling.
10. What is the best thing about Texas Women's Golf? My teammates
11. What song would you sing if you had to sing karaoke? I'd rephrase the question first, because I love to sing karaoke. My top choices would be "Respect" by Aretha Franklin or "Where Did Our Love Go?" by The Supremes.
12. What is your favorite movie? That's an impossible question, but I'd put "Life Is Beautiful," "Juno," and "Snatch" up there pretty far.
13. If your life was going to be made into a movie, who would you want to play the leading role? Ellen Page
14. Name one thing you always keep stocked in your refrigerator. Peanut butter and jelly (Sorry, that's two things.)
15. What is one item of clothing you couldn't live without? Jeans
16. What is your favorite hole at The University of Texas Golf Club and why? No. 15 because of the view of the lake and the valley down below.
17. What is your favorite meal off the course? Sushi
18. What is your favorite snack on the course? PB&J (crunchy and raspberry, respectively)