Throughout the summer months, TexasSports.com will check in with the Women's Basketball players and new head coach Gail Goestenkors and her staff. Part one of "Summer sidelines" focuses on a "basketball notebook," catching up with the team as they begin summer school and training sessions.
Camp is in session
The Longhorns coaching staff and players just finished their first week of summer camp instruction. Hundreds of young players turned out to work with UT head coach Gail Goestenkors and the Longhorns players along with assistant coaches Gale Valley and LaKale Malone. The wildly-popular camp concluded on June 7.
Goestenkors and her staff will conduct three more sessions of camp during the following weeks: June 17-21 (fundamental camp); June 22-24 (advanced training camp); and July 27-29 (team camp).
Check back for future stories on:
· Coach G's African safari adventures, complete with photos;
· Earnesia Williams' trip to Orlando, Fla., for the elite NCAA Leadership Conference;
· Off-court player profiles;
· Meet the staff features;
· Off-season strength and conditioning program and photo gallery;
· Video highlights on the Longhorns players and coaches;
· PLUS, the introduction of a new feature -- "Coach Gail e-Mail" -- where Coach G will take your questions in an email chat format.
To get on the Women's Basketball season ticket mailing list or to receive material on mini plan or group ticket packages as soon as the 2007-08 schedule is finalized, please contact UT Athletics Events, Sales, and Services at 512-232-3865.