Dec. 8, 2010
Box Score | Box Score | Photo Gallery | Notes
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) -- Chelsea Bass scored a career-high 29 points and No. 21 Texas overpowered Texas-Pan American 112-59 Wednesday night.
Bass made a career-high four 3-pointers. Kathleen Nash scored 17 points and Ashleigh Fontenette finished with a triple-double with 17 points, 10 assists and 10 rebounds for the Longhorns.
After losing two straight road games at Stanford and Michigan State, Texas (5-2) quickly jumped out to an early lead against the Broncs (4-6) scoring 20 unanswered points to start the game.
Bianca Torre scored Texas-Pan American's first basket of the game with 13:42 remaining in the half.
Torre had a team-high 18 points for the Broncs. CeMonay Newell added 12 points.
With a 51-22 halftime lead, the Longhorns continued to pull away from Texas-Pan American in the second half paced by Ashley Gayle's 10 second-half points.
Texas hit triple digits for the second time this season on a Bass 3-pointer. Bass was fouled on the shot and made the free throw to complete the four-point play.
The Longhorns host No. 8 Tennessee on Sunday.
-The Longhorns improved to 422-78 all-time at the Frank Erwin Center ... tonight's game marks the 500th game played in the arena.
-UT is a perfect 5-0 all-time against Texas-Pan American, and head coach Gail Goestenkors improved to 2-0 all-time against the Broncs.
-Texas' 51 points in the first half and XX points in the second half mark the fifth and sixth times this season have posted 50+ points in a half.
-Texas held UTPA scoreless for the first six minutes, 18 seconds of the game while building a 20-2 lead.
-The Horns won their 27th-consecutive non-conference game on their home court, a streak dating back to a 64-61 victory over then-No. 10 Purdue on Jan. 7, 2007 ... Texas is a perfect 26-0 at home in non-conference contests under Goestenkors.
-Texas recorded 17 steals, marking 15+ steals for the fifth time this season.
-Texas recorded 100+ points for the second time this season ... the Longhorns are averaging 89.2 ppg through seven contests.
-Texas limited UTPA to just 25.8 percent shooting (8-of-31) from the field during the first half marking the fifth time this season Texas has held an opponent to under 30 percent shooting from the field in a half.
-Posted a triple double with 17 points (6-of-10 FG, 5-of-5 FT), career-high 10 assists and career-high tying 10 rebounds -Is the first Longhorn to record a triple-double since Edwina Brown's on Feb. 12, 2000 and joins Brown as the only Horns to accomplish the feat in the last 20 years (since 1990).
-Scored 10 or more points for the sixth time this year and 30th time of her career.
-Recorded fourth-straight double-digit scoring effort -First Longhorn to record 10 assists in a game since Erika Arriaran did against Texas Southern on Dec. 20, 2009.
-Scored career-high 15 points (6-of-10 FG, 3-of-7 FT) for her fourth double-digit scoring effort of the season and 10th of her career.
-Posted second double-double of the season and sixth of her career with 11 rebounds and 15 points
-Led the Longhorns in rebounding for the third time this season and 14th time of her career
-Scored season-high six FGs, one shy of her career-high (seven)
-Also pulled down season-high tying five blocks -Has recorded at least four blocks in five games this season
- Posted the first 20+ scoring output as a Longhorn with her career-high 29 points (9-of-19 FG, 4-of-7 3FG, 7-of-8 FT)
- Led the Longhorns in scoring for the first time of her career
- Has recorded 10 or more points three times in her career
- Her 29 points are the most by any Longhorn this season
- Set career highs in minutes (33), FG Made (9), 3FG Made (4), assists (3) while tying her career high in steals (5)
- Is the second Longhorn freshman this season to record 20 or more points in a game
Anne Marie Hartung
-Recorded 11 points (3-of-5 FG, 5-of-6 FT) for her third double-digit scoring effort of the season
-First double-digit scoring output since she recorded 14 against Boston University (Nov. 21) -Made first career start as a Longhorn
- Recorded her seventh-straight double-digit scoring effort with 17 points (5-of-13 FG, 4-of-9 3FG, 3-of-4 FT)
- Has scored 10 or more points in all seven games this season and 60 times in her career
- Is the only Longhorn to score in double-digits in all seven games this season
- Recorded season-high four steals and tied season-high with four from beyond the arc
- Made at least one three-point basket for the 19th straight game dating back to Feb. 3, 2010 when she did not make one.
- With four made from beyond the arc, now has 179 career 3-pointers, tying her for fourth all-time at UT
- With 17 points, now has 1,173 career points, moving her into 24th on UT's all-time scorer's list.
- Recorded career-high nine points (4-of-7 FG, 1-of-2 3FG)
- Tied career-high with three rebounds and 26 minutes