March 21, 2010
Box Score |
San Diego State 74, Texas 63
March 21, 2010
Frank Erwin Center - Austin, Texas
- Finished the 2009-10 season with a record of 22-11 (.667).
- Fell to 32-23 (.582) in NCAA Tournament games.
- Texas used a 13-0 run over 3:56 in the first half (8:58 to 5:02) to cut the Aztecs lead single digits (nine) ... Texas forced seven turnovers, one block and three steals during that span.
- Texas held San Diego State without a field goal for a span of 5:20, from the 9:44 mark to 4:24 in the first half. SDSU is the 25th opponent Texas has held without a field goal for a span of four or more minutes this season.
- Connected on one three-pointer, extending the single-season school record to 206 treys.
- Blocked four shots, pushing the single-season school record to 199 blocks.
- The Longhorns recorded 12 steals, their most since 15 against Colorado (Feb. 10).
- All nine players on the roster tallied at least two points, marking the 12th time this season everyone who has seen action has scored. UT finished 9-2 when everyone records at least two points.
- San Diego State's nine three-pointers was a record for UT opponents in a NCAA Tournament game. The previous mark was set by Connecticut with eight treys on Mar. 25, 2008.
- SDSU G Jene Morris also set a UT opponent individual record with five threes. Her 32 points were the second most by a Texas opponent this season. Oklahoma State guard Andrea Riley recorded 33 points on Feb. 24.
Sophomore G Ashleigh Fontenette
- Posted 14 points, scoring in double-figures for the 15th time this season and the 24th time of her career.
Senior G Brittainey Raven
- Finished her career with 1,698 points, placing her 12th in UT's all-time scoring records.
Junior G Kathleen Nash
- Broke the UT school record for single-season three-point shooting with a mark of 47.2 percent (68-of-144). The previous Texas record was 44.8 percent (13-of-29) set by Vicki Hall in 1988-89.
Senior F Earnesia Williams
- Scored 10 points to reach double-figures for the ninth time this season and the 45th time of her career.
Sophomore P Ashley Gayle
- Blocked one shot, extending her school record to 103 blocks in a season. It was the 15th-straight game she blocked at least one shot.
- Grabbed eight rebounds to lead the squad for the ninth time this year and the 11th time in her career.
Freshman P Cokie Reed
- Reached double-figures for the 13th time of her career with her 16-point output (6-of-11 FG, 4-of-5 FT). It was the second-highest scoring night of her career, and the second time she has led the Horns in scoring.
SAN DIEGO STATE NOTES
- Moved to 5-7 all-time in the NCAA Tournament
- Improved to 22-10 on the season
- Went on a 12-0 run from 18:51 to 14:27 after being down 4-0 to start the game, a span of 4:24
- Shot 8-10 (80.0%) from 3-point range in the first half, their most made in a half this season
- Their 44 first-half points tied the school record for points in the first half of the NCAA Tournament
- Their nine 3-pointer set a school record for 3-point field goals made in the NCAA Tournament
- Their nine 3-point field goals made was their second-best effort this season
- Their 35 free throws attempted set a school record for attempts in a NCAA Tournament game and was a season-high
- Their 48 rebounds tied a season-high
- The 74 points scored was the third-most all-time in an NCAA Tournament game
- The 63 points allowed is tied for second-best all-time in an NCAA Tournament game
Senior G Jené Morris
- Moved into third place in school history in scoring (1,460 points)
- Her 32 points tied a season-high
- She scored over 30 points for the second time this season
- It was her 25th career 20-point scoring outing
- It was the second time in three NCAA Tournament games to score over 30 points
- Led the team in scoring for the 15th time this season
- Set a season-high in 3-point field goals made with five
- Set a school record by making five 3-pointers in an NCAA Tournament game
- Her .625 percentage from 3-point range set a school NCAA Tournament game record
- Tied forward Bradley for most free throws attempted in a game this season and set a personal season-high
- Her nine free throws made was a personal and team-high for the season
Senior G Quenese Davis
- She scored over 10 points for the 21st time this season, recording 11
Junior F Allison Duffy
- She scored over 10 points for the 11th time this season, recording 11
Junior F Jessika Bradley
- Led the team in rebounding for the 14th time this season, recording nine
Junior G Coco Davis
- Led the team in assists for the 13th time this season, recording four