Feb. 21, 2011
Box Score | Box Score in PDF Format
AMES, Iowa (AP) - Chelsea Poppens had a career-high 23 points and 11 rebounds to help No. 25 Iowa State beat Texas 66-57 in overtime on Monday night.
Anna Prins added 13 points, including four in the extra period, for the Cycolnes (19-8, 7-6 Big 12). The win was the 300th all-time at Hilton Coliseum for Iowa State.
Yvonne Anderson had 14 points, 10 rebounds and eight assists to lead Texas (17-10, 6-7). Kathleen Nash led the Longhorns (17-10, 6-7) with 15 points on 6-of-11 shooting.
Iowa State outscored Texas 12-3 in overtime.
Texas' Tiffany Moore tied the score at 52-52 with 1:20 left in regulation before a foul away from the ball sent Poppens to the line where she knocked down both free throws, giving the Cyclones a two-point lead with 28 seconds remaining.
Anne Marie Hartung basket tied the game at 54 before ISU guard Kelsey Bolte misfired on a jump shot as the clock expired.
The Cyclones went into the locker room with a halftime lead of 30-29 after a back-and-forth first half that saw seven lead changes and five ties.
Just 1:38 into the first half, Bolte knocked down a 3-pointer which set a new NCAA women's record as the Cyclones have now made a three-point field goal in 511 consecutive games.
Iowa State had been tied with Canisius, which saw its streak of 3-pointers end at 510 on Friday.
- Texas held the Cyclones to their lowest 3-point field goal percentage in Big 12 play (4-20)
- The regular-season contest between UT and ISU was decided in overtime for the second-straight year
- Texas posted 16 assists, for its most in Big 12 play this season
- Recorded her first career double-double with 14 points and career-high 10 rebounds
- Is the fourth Longhorn to record a double-double this season
- Reached double-digit scoring for the 16th time this season and the 22nd time of her career
- Dished out career-high eight assists... only Anderson and Fontenette have posted eight or more assists this season
- Recorded career-high five steals
- Scored 12 points for her 17th-double-digit scoring effort of the season
- Has scored 10 or more points 41 times in her career
- Reached double-figure scoring for the 23rd time this season with 15 points
- Has recorded 10 or more points 78 times in her career (128 games)
- Led the Longhorns in scoring for the seventh time this season and the 23rd time of her career
Anne Marie Hartung
- Scored eight points, including the game-tying basket in regulation, for her most points in Big 12 play.
- Most points scored since nine against SMU (Dec. 18)